Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settlement conference questions

Hi All,

SC again this coming Wednesday. MTC filled by ex....should I not have conference briefs by now? along with court ordered new financials? Are these to be served directly to me...or can they come in the mail?

What happened with the motion to dismiss or move for final judgement or whatever it was from your last appearance? Or maybe Ive mixed you up with another poster...

Comment

Hi Rock

No you don't have me mixed up with another poster. My visits are just few and far between court dates
      The motion was to be dismissed if costs weren't paid within 30 days. I got my money. I was advised to seek legal advice on a Motion for Summary Judgement. I called around and everyone wanted more money than I have available for a consultation....so I am stuck going back for another Settlement conference.
      Judge ordered that "Applicant need not file an settlement conf. brief. Mine may stay in the file. Resp. to appear in person and file financial statement" I'm just wondering if the ex should be serving me with new briefs along with financial statement before we go to court? Obviously I have noting...just wanting to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before writing my statement for settlement day.

Comment

I know others here have advised people to go to the courthouse and view the file to see if its there and you havent been served.

I would also work out scenario a and scenario b. That way youre prepared for both.

I wonder if he will actually show up!!

Comment

Thanks for your reply Rock. great idea! I will keep you posted as to what happens...I doubt he will show...but I also didn't think he was gonna pay me the costs either. It will be interesting either way. Thanks again Rock.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X