Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids can act funny when dad has the money.

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post
      Kids can act funny when another parent has the money.
      Fixed your post.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
        Fixed your post.
        From the OP's perspective, ( the "he" mentioned is the dad) so my reply stands:

Kids can act funny when dad has the money.

Comment

From the OP's perspective, ( the "he" mentioned is the dad) so my reply stands:

OP's kids can act funny when dad has the money.
          Fixed your post again.

Comment

Fixed your post again.
            Thanks for the first big laugh of the morning. I truly find this very amusing.

Once more time, then I will leave this thread for awhile as I don't have time for bickering:

Kids can act funny when dad has the money. This was in my reply to OP who was describing her ex (dad to their kids). SO in this case, I see nothing wrong in using the name "dad" in my reply.

You can open up your own thread if you like and expound further on this matter. BUT, this is my post and I don't need you to "fix" it.
            Last edited by caranna; 07-17-2013, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the first big laugh of the morning. I truly find this very amusing.

Once more time, then I will leave this thread for awhile as I don't have time for bickering:

Kids can act funny when dad has the money. This was in my reply to OP who was describing her ex (dad to their kids). SO in this case, I see nothing wrong in using the name "dad" in my reply.

You can open up your own thread if you like and expound further on this matter. BUT, this is my post and I don't need you to "fix" it.
              You mistakenly believe my issue is with your use of "Dad" when my reasoning for fixing your post was due to your use of "Kids". You made a very generalized statement suggesting that "Kids" can act funny when "dad" has the money.

You post at no point focused on the OP's kids, instead appeared to be broad based generalized comment that all kids will act weird when their dad has money. Thus my reasoning to point out that kids can act funny when another parent has money and willing to flaunt it, and, in this specific instance, their father.

Your comment was a blanket statement and thus not accurate.

Comment

You mistakenly believe my issue is with your use of "Dad" when my reasoning for fixing your post was due to your use of "Kids". You made a very generalized statement suggesting that "Kids" can act funny when "dad" has the money.

You post at no point focused on the OP's kids, instead appeared to be broad based generalized comment that all kids will act weird when their dad has money. Thus my reasoning to point out that kids can act funny when another parent has money and willing to flaunt it, and, in this specific instance, their father.

Your comment was a blanket statement and thus not accurate.
                I took it the same way you did.

Comment

When you "fixed" my post, the only word you changed was "Dad". You left in "Kids". Your misunderstanding is not my concern. You can continue to "fix" my post in any way you want. I have no time or inclination to bicker and rant. If it helps you, consider yourself as having won.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                    I took it the same way you did.
                    It came across the same to me, as well.

Comment

When you "fixed" my post, the only word you changed was "Dad". You left in "Kids". Your misunderstanding is not my concern. You can continue to "fix" my post in any way you want. I have no time or inclination to bicker and rant. If it helps you, consider yourself as having won.
                      Fixing "dad" removed the generalization that "Kids will act funny when dad has the money", thus my reasoning for the change. I could've changed it to "OP's Kids"..... but outside of the generalization of which sex/parent causes kids to act funny, I agreed with the rest of your statement. Kids will act funny when the other parent has the money (and is willing to flaunt it).

Comment

If you know that this is happening on your week every year...why don't you ask him to change access weeks?

It's hard to be away from our kids on both sides....just spent 17 days away form my 2 boys but I called and texted when I could and kept it to a min. to not cause any issues.

I made plans and kept busy.

When they where back this week, I took extra one on one time with each so that we could talk, laugh and cuddle...even with my soon to be 13 yr old son.

It is not what we do with our kids that counts it how we nurture our relationship with them.

I'm in a shared custody situation and having gone through 17 days away...I feel for all who have to deal with EOW.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X