This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Division of Property

I seperated last April l have a seperation agrement my wife who was living at house upon seperation and moved. It the agrement all house hold items were to be divided in half. I have recieve nothing and she refuses to responed to my request? Any help on this matter Thank You

Make a list of all house hold items purchased after marriage and estimated values for each while you still remember. If there is a difference between what you kept and what she kept, that's what to be paid.. This needs to be done in a process of equalization with all the other assets such as bank account, insurance policy, property, and debts..though, you can send the list to her and ask a cheque for your share.

Comment

Everything has been settled the only thing left which is big she took all the house hold items. In the agrement they are to be divided 50/50 I get no respoce to any requests after several attemps

Comment

I will be following this thread. would like to know myself

Comment

there is a point to be made - nothing in the house is worth paying alawyer for or court or even the 1 hour lawyered haggle time is $600 if both are involved. SO what is one to do and what is half?? To my wife, oops stbx! her half is the good stuff, complete kitchen, the new washer/dryer, all the appliances which she went crazy over last year (must be like friggin 15 of them.... all brand new to go with the new kitchen that was very slowly going together.

Oh and she takes the bed, the couch and the linins except for the one I fought over three months ago so I could sleep on the floor in the basement..... (at least it is beside the fireplace cuz it does get cold down there! So my beef and we have not even begun? She takes everything to move forward and I am left with a table saw and a tool box...... I am not keen on having to incur a 10 grand startup cost "to move forward" and yes there is a ton of cases to say what 10 grand??? Then I shall translate I do not have the energy and stamina to get one place done never mind hunt down a whole place worth - that alone I have nightmares over..... I know I just do not have it in me... Moving????

So if anyonehas got through this fairly, what system was used to divide it up? I thought of a roll of the dice. SHe said more than once, whoever put the effort into getting it which sounds good cuz I got 90% of the stuff in here - more. All the bills are in my name and she didn't drive so it was always yours truely who made the effort. But then again, after I started to have the heart pains following the one hour marathon pick out the livingroom set - I had to go lie down....quick and well she signed for it.

So point I make here - everything I put here is well, petty. Not worth lawyers time yet to get a fair way to do this so we are both hit financially equally when we start our new lives..... we can't discuss who is feeding the dog today so this.....forget it! Is it eeven possible???

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X