Pension amount updated after agreement signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension amount updated after agreement signed

SA signed and all property and finances divided and life has gone on. Pension evaluation was done and I was entitled to a certain amount. I agreed to take less for personal reasons. I made this decision based on the original amount. I basically took 2/3 of the total amount. So here we are a year later and the pension plan sent me a letter stating they made a mistake. The dates our lawyers had given them and we agreed to didn't match with the statement of facts. There was a separation then a reconciliation several years later and then a final separation. Ex refused to acknowledge these so I just agreed to the final date making it easier for everyone. The pension plan has now said that is not how the evalution should legally be calculated since they actually read the agreement sent to them. They want to exclude the years we weren't together. This would work in my favour. This would add about 20-30k to the original amount. How would this work after the fact or since I agreed on a certain amount (based on what I thought was a true number)? Would this open up everything already agreed upon?
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X