This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hidden income

My ex quit his $70,000 just after separation and started a leased gas station with a reputed company.Since he was being too unreasonable he was imputed a income of 50000(based ontax tax eturn of last three yrs) for CS.Now after a year he is claiming that since the business is in loss so he is unable to pay child support.He gave me some of his business papers which has ridiculous expenses and clearly show his hidden income of atleast 60,000.Its in the court order that he should provide me with his personal and business notice of assessments but even after constant requests he just gave me some papers from his CA(who knows if they are real)
    What are my rights if I want to audit his business financials.Never paid a dime for medical or special expenses.Will most of the time call that he is unable to pick the kids.

You will need to send him a registered letter requesting his Notice of Assessment from CRA and provide a time frame for him to respond within. If he does not respond with the necessary documents within a reasonable time frame the matter will be referred to Court and any expenses on your part will be levied on him via Court Order.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X