This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quebec mom

Hi there, this is my first post. I'm looking for any information on child custody after the breakdown of my common law relationship. Here is the kicker... I live in Quebec. We have a meeting with a mediator scheduled and I just want to know if there are any links for web pages someone can direct me to.

What is it you would like to know about custody? Do you and you ex partner agree on how you would like to proceed.

Comment

I think the laws in Quebec are a little different but I'm completely naive to any custody laws in general. I'm just having trouble finding infortmation in terms of parental rights in the event of a separation of common law couples. We are meeting with a mediator in the morning to draft a legal custody arrangement for shared custody. I just want to know if there is anything I should be asking for or something I shouldn't be agreeing to.

Comment

Quebec mom

Yes, Quebec law is quite different from Ontario law. If you were never married, then Quebec 'provincial' child support law applies, not 'federal' as in Ontario. The Quebec child support law info website is very informative, more-so than federal website. Google in 'quebec provincial child support laws' and it will direct you to the Quebec provincial child support law website. Very extensive. I am quite familiar with the Quebec provincial child support laws. Look it up, I'm sure it'll help you greatly!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X