Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion - Applicant or Respondent?

Hi all,

I am submitting a motion this coming week and working on paperwork now. We have a previous case number, order, etc where I am the Respondent.

Question: For all related and future forms, am I always the Respondent when referencing our original case no? Or as I am initiating this Motion, am I now the Applicant? Documentation is getting confusing depending on this context.

Thank you in advance,
    WW

You are the Respondent. It never changes.

See Family Law Rule 7(6).

Comment

Originally posted by Kinso View Post
      You are the Respondent. It never changes.

See Family Law Rule 7(6).
      Perfect, thank you for the reference as well [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

For others who may ask:

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/990114

PERMANENT CASE NAME AND COURT FILE NUMBER

(6) The court file number given to a case and the description of the parties as applicants and respondents in the case shall remain the same on an application or motion to change an order, a status review application, an application (general) for Child, Youth and Family Services Act, 2017 cases other than child protection and status review, an enforcement or an appeal, no matter who starts it, with the following exceptions:

<SNIP>

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X