This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of Pension

There is a Court Order in place for the division of stbx pension. Ex. sent me the forms that he had filled out along with a letter from the pension administration asking for a copy of the Court Order.

I forward all of this to my financial institution so that they can facilitate the transfer into a LIRA account set up for me.

There continues to be delays. My financial institute tells me they are communicating with ex. to see what else is required.

Ex. sends me an e-mail with an attached communication from his pension administrator and tells me to look after it.

Should my financial institute be looking after this?

My financial advisor has e-mailed me saying she has forwarded all of this information to the pension administartor.

Should I start dealing with the pension person directly?
    Last edited by frustratedwithex; 04-02-2013, 04:01 PM.

You can call the pension administrator for a status update and you would at least know what is happening and if there is something missing. They can also tell you the average time it takes them to process this type of request.

Reality is that any process with pension administrator takes time does not happen overnight.

You will have to be patient

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X