This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My X stepped up to the Plate!!!

I must say, my X stepped up to the plate today! Even though it's my week with the kids.

My mother called me at 4:30 this afternoon telling me that she was following an ambulance carrying my Dad to the heart institute. He's either had a heart attack or a blood clot pass into the heart. He goes for an angyogram (sp?) tomorrow for the die to be inserted so we hope to know more soon!

So I get off the phone, call the X at home, no answer, call his cell, no answer so leave message to call me ASAP. Call my BFF who lives two doors over from my X, and she takes my kids. X calls me back, I tell him what's going on, and he immediately told me not to worry he would pick up the kids from BFF for me to do what I needed to do! Then he even called me back and asked if I would be okay to drive cause he would drive me if I needed him to. I told him no, just take this kids so I don't have to worry about them and I would be ok!

Sometimes they do surprise us!

Ang

Nice Ang ! Awesome

Comment

There you go!

Comment

That's awesome news, that your ex has stepped up.
        Happy to hear that.

Comment

Wow!! Bravo!!!!

((hugs)) best wishes for you and your family!!

Comment

Congrats Cooperating when you really need it feels wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by AngieJ View Post
              I must say, my X stepped up to the plate today! Even though it's my week with the kids.

My mother called me at 4:30 this afternoon telling me that she was following an ambulance carrying my Dad to the heart institute. He's either had a heart attack or a blood clot pass into the heart. He goes for an angyogram (sp?) tomorrow for the die to be inserted so we hope to know more soon!

So I get off the phone, call the X at home, no answer, call his cell, no answer so leave message to call me ASAP. Call my BFF who lives two doors over from my X, and she takes my kids. X calls me back, I tell him what's going on, and he immediately told me not to worry he would pick up the kids from BFF for me to do what I needed to do! Then he even called me back and asked if I would be okay to drive cause he would drive me if I needed him to. I told him no, just take this kids so I don't have to worry about them and I would be ok!

Sometimes they do surprise us!

Ang
              Thank you for sharing this Ang.

General observation not related to Ang but, inspired by her post:

What a lot of people don't realize in seperation and divorce is that it may sever the adult relationship between parents it doesn't separate the fact that you are still family. Even after divorce families support each other, help each other. Many litigants in family law go into court trying to "eliminate" the other parent to make their lives easier. What they learn is that being a sole custodial parent is not easy and at times very difficult.

These litigants isolate themselves by being aggressive, making allegations and trying to minimize the other parent with piles of affidavits of hearsay and often times affidavits from their "friends". This does nothing to solve the long-term challenges the FAMILY faces.

Even after divorce, that person you didn't like (or love) enough to stay married to is still the mother and/or father of your children. Separation and divorce doesn't change that.

As always Ang, your messages are a pleasure to read.

Good Luck! I hope everything works out for your Dad!
              Tayken

Comment

Even in the most contentious situations there comes a time when you have to leave the bullshit at the curb and do what's right. It may actually help things in the future as you will both see how good things can be when you do work together.

Comment

That's great news to hear Angie. Any news as of late how your dad is doing?
                  Hope all is well
                  L

Comment

Originally posted by SingingDad View Post
                    Even in the most contentious situations there comes a time when you have to leave the bullshit at the curb and do what's right. It may actually help things in the future as you will both see how good things can be when you do work together.
                    If not "leave" the stuff at the curb but, don't create any more to step in.

Honesty goes a long way in family matters. Honesty is the best policy and many people live in hiding of the truth and try to use the court and allegations to "win" in court.

You can't avoid the truth. Eventually the truth comes out. If you lie you have to eventually face the truth. It could be in court or emotionally years after you think you have won.

Good Luck!
                    Tayken

Comment

My dad is gonna be ok!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes!

My dad is gonna be ok, the left coronary artery was almost completely blocked, they performed an angiogram, installed a stent, and now all seems to be going good and he may be released tomorrow.

Been in constant contact with the kids and they know grandpa is okay!

I am sore and exhausted, 12hrs in hospital chair today and every inch of me aches!

Good night all,
                      Ang

Comment

Good news Ang ! How incredible he helped out ! That is a wonderful sign that he was able to put aside any of the difficulties and help ! Maybe he's turning a new leaf and you could reconcile ?

Comment

May_May

I am glad that he was there to help take the kids so I could focus on my dad, but, there is not now, nor will there ever be a reconciliation! The damage is done, and I am no longer in love, haven't been for a long time!

A positive change in him is good for his sake and that of our children, in fact, I have the referral for the kids to start see a councillor, someone they can talk to about our new "Family" life (again last week my oldest told me he was not happy about separation)!

I'm taking steps forward in my own life, to move on, and hopefully to find happiness with someone special! This most recent experience with my father has made me really aware of how short life is. There is no time for nasty, petty, bitterness, it didn't work, get over it, and move forward with your life, cause you just don't know if you will be here tomorrow!

If you are fortunate enough to find someone who makes you laugh, treats you well, makes you feel ALIVE again for the first time in a long time, grab hold of that and give it a shot, you have nothing to loose and everything to gain!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Ang

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X