Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:09 PM

twiceshy is on a distinguished road
Default Input income and where to ask

Hi, I am doing a case conference brief and I have read a lot of info on input income on this forum. Do I ask the court to do this in my brief or is it something that the Judge decides to do on their own and I don't include it at all? Also, he has made requests that I find irrelevant to the issues at hand, do I just add that I feel they are irrelevant. These forms can be pretty initimidating and I am really glad that I found this site........thanks to you all

Last edited by twiceshy; 03-25-2010 at 10:10 PM. Reason: reword
Old 03-25-2010, 10:19 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

You have to ask for what you want most of the time, especially in a motion or your trial pleadings.

Being less formal, the case conference is a place where the issues are identified and the parties can speak more freely. Those conversations don't get entered into the continuing record. But for greater certainty, you should still request the court to impute (not input) an income in your brief.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:21 PM

twiceshy is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I will be sure to include this in the brief, and thanks a milliion for the spelling correction, I would have looked foolish
Closed Thread