Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 01-12-2022, 07:16 PM

nofrills is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzy039 View Post
Wow..just wow. It could have all been avoided if the kids were just vaxed? You have indicated you are vaxed and are now testing positive? You do realize you still have to isolate? You can still catch and spread covid if you are vaxed. So not quite sure how you feel it could have been avoided? The majority of the cases in hospital are vaxed.
I have been in self-quarantine since Christmas eve and still in isolation for at least another 5 days.

I think the vaccine does protect you for short interactions. On Christmas eve, we were with 6 other family members. (10 person limit at the time) All other 6 family members vaccinated and none contracted Covid. I think they are in the clear since it's been +15 days. My daughter tested positive that night after our family gathering.

I was caring for both my daughter and son. So, I had high exposure and a higher probability of getting covid, even with a vaccine. Luckily, I am well and only have a dry cough. My un-vaxxed ex was sick for 4 days and is still recovering.

So from my un-scientific experience, the vaccine did protect my 6 other family members and even though it didn't fully protected me from covid, it did not knock me out for 4 days or cause long term illness.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:34 AM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzy039 View Post
I'm from Ontario. This data can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data

In ICU:
Unvaccinated cases: 157
Partially: 19
Fully vaccinated: 167
Do you think that this data shows that vaccinations are not effective?
Old 01-13-2022, 12:30 PM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

All y'all are getting sucked in by anti-vaxx lunacy that has nothing to do with court. You will never convince each other.
Old 01-13-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkHouses View Post
All y'all are getting sucked in by anti-vaxx lunacy that has nothing to do with court. You will never convince each other.
It is funny when antivaxxers post data that shows that vaccines work though, thinking that they are proving their point.
Old 01-13-2022, 03:16 PM

arbortrail22 is on a distinguished road

https://www.newsweek.com/unvaccinate...quebec-1669071
Old 01-13-2022, 03:50 PM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbortrail22 View Post
Quebec
Don't have all the details but there was another post at the beginning of this thread.

The ruling sounds like an anti-vaxxer meme come true:
"The judge's noted that the child had received two doses of a coronavirus vaccine, but said that wasn't enough to allow access to the father."

The mother may be hysterical or just toxic; who knows about the father.

Here is another one where the father has abducted his kid to avoid them from getting vaccinated; he can't accept the reality of it, kid will be vaccinated at one point (sounds very dystopian):
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...-dad-1.6311123

Lesson is....even if you think it is evil it is a bitter pill you must swallow.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:32 PM

mamabear1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Are you aware that the chance of death from the covid vaccine for a healthy child is statistically 0%, right? And that the data on covid infection is limited?

I'm just kidding, kids have actually died from covid, not a single kid has died from the vaccine.
Why don't you listen to this dad's heart-breaking story from rural Ontario, then tell me what you think.

They cut it from the Toronto Board of Health recording since yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmYR9WvlSI0
Dan Hartman's story at 2:09:30

If you want to know what they cut, here's the footage:

https://rumble.com/vsx2j4-dads-tearf...ng-vaxxed.html
Old 01-23-2022, 01:07 AM

There is a saying:

"You cannot use reason to change the mind of somebody who did not use reason to arrive at his position in the first place"

Antivaxxers come from a place of little to no medical education. They cannot be argued with, or reasoned with, because their position does not come from a place of reason.
Old 01-27-2022, 01:06 AM

mamabear1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
There is a saying:

"You cannot use reason to change the mind of somebody who did not use reason to arrive at his position in the first place"

Antivaxxers come from a place of little to no medical education. They cannot be argued with, or reasoned with, because their position does not come from a place of reason.
A guy's kid drops dead a few days after getting the vaccine with no medical explanation. Dad's story gets censored. I provided you with a counter-example to your claim that no kids had died from the vaccine. I'm not saying the man's story is proof of anything but it should cause open minds to ask questions and investigate until they find answers.
Old 01-27-2022, 08:46 AM

Kinso is an unknown quantity at this point

There is likely a medical explanation, but the father is misinformed as to causation or the underlying cause not identified.