Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 01-17-2022, 10:10 AM

Hide on Bush is on a distinguished road
Default Few Questions

Firstly,

I have sole custody and have for 7 years. Other parent only gets EOW access.

1. There is a clause in our order that says I can’t unreasonably deny additional access time. Is me saying no because I want to spend time with the child unreasonable? I don’t use this as a reason to not give time, but there are some times that I want to spend more time with my kiddo.

2. Is there any point between a CC and trial where a judge can say it’s not going to trial based on no evidence?

3. Because Cc briefs are not on the continuing record can I mention offers to settle on them?
Old 01-17-2022, 01:30 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

You have 70%+ time with your child already. How much additional time do you need versus what they want? Is it really that big of a deal?
Old 01-17-2022, 01:34 PM

Hide on Bush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
You have 70%+ time with your child already. How much additional time do you need versus what they want? Is it really that big of a deal?
Well I mean with my work and their school plus them wanting to play with their friends I don’t get as much time as you think.
Old 01-17-2022, 01:35 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

And the other parent gets much less. Should they be denied some extra time?
Old 01-17-2022, 01:42 PM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetnad View Post
Well I mean with my work and their school plus them wanting to play with their friends I don’t get as much time as you think.
Yeah I have to see this as being selfish.
It sounds like you like the luxury of spending time with your kid whenever you feel like it OR you simply want the child support.

Life gets busy and time is fleeting you will need to use it more wisely.
Old 01-17-2022, 01:44 PM

Diverged is on a distinguished road

Yes that is unreasonable. The other parent only gets EOWE. Let them have that time.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:35 PM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Agreed with PinkHouses. Sounds like OP is being selfish. OP now came to epiphany that kids grow up fast. Is that a reason to take away time from the other parent? Absolutely not. I'd like to see that argument in court.

When you think about it, the school gets to see your kid the most. After that, it is 5 days a week of 4pm-8pm, and weekends. It is like that for 10 months per year. So make the most of your time with your kid during your own parenting time.

There are a few options. Once your kids hit their tween years, they are more interested in being with friends so kiss away your weekends too. What can you do? One option is to ensure to make plans with your child during your time with them. If old enough, they can bring a friend with them. Taking time away from other parent is not the answer not an option in my view.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:10 PM

Kinso is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
1. There is a clause in our order that says I can’t unreasonably deny additional access time. Is me saying no because I want to spend time with the child unreasonable? I don’t use this as a reason to not give time, but there are some times that I want to spend more time with my kiddo.
Yes it's unreasonable. Your ex could say the same thing.

Quote:
2. Is there any point between a CC and trial where a judge can say it’s not going to trial based on no evidence?
No. Someone could bring a motion for summary judgment, but a Judge doesn't just cancel the case.