Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:29 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
If I recall correctly it was the ex�s lawyer who did that to drive up costs and bleed money.
I don't care about the lawyers.

NO SELF RESPECTING MEDIATOR WOULD TAKE THAT ON. NO MATTER WHAT LAWYER WOULD PRESENT IT. AS WELL THE OP'S LAWYER SHOULD HAVE ADVISED NO.

So its a strike three and your out situation rockscan.

1. Opposing counsel recommending (low probability).
2. Mediator willing to take it on (incredibly low probability - a number approaching 0 kind of probability!)
3. The OP's own lawyer even recommending it (lowest probability unless the OP has the WORST lawyer on the planet?!?!)

I mean this is Year 1 law school stuff people...

One of the three (3) professionals would have walked from the situation described by the OP. That is why I call a hard BS on this poster. Its an imperfect storm of improbabilities.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:00 AM

Helpmyspouse is on a distinguished road

Tayken: My story is 100 per cent true and I wish I was lying even just a bit because then what happened to my family would not have been so tragic. My ex had a PGT and a lawyer! His lawyer asshole bled us dry of the equity of our home. You are not very good at spotting a bs story. So if you gave all that advice on what I should do because you believe my story to be untrue then I will ignore all of it and only consider what the others had to say. Now let me go back to figuring out how I can protect my kids. Yes, my 18 year old still needs to be protected from his mentally ill, unmedicated father. Have you ever tried to have a relationship with an unmedicated schizophrenic who is dripping with psychosis and paranoia? Do you think an 18 year old can navigate such a relationship on his own when just starting university? Is this what's best for my son right now? I could not do this and I'm an adult and you think a kid can? Unless you have had to protect your own children from a similar situation keep your advice to yourself.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:10 AM

And yes! We went to mediation! Cost me 8000! Everyone trying to make money because the proceeds of my home sat there. My home was paid off. There was lots of money for the lawyers to go around. I was told by my lawyer to try mediation because it will be cheaper than trial. That's how it was sold to me. I wanted to settle but the offer given was ridiculous and not in good faith. His snake lawyer took it to mediation and was taking it to trial. Essentially my ex had no voice because he had a pgt. So his lawyer was calling all the shots. It was like I was divorcing his lawyer! Because I was negotiating with him not my ex. So the pgt, his lawyer both in kahoots to keep stretching the case and bleeding us dry and going to trial. If you don't believe any of it, not my problem. And typing these replies is triggering me as I am being forced to remember what shit was done to my family by the corrupt system that got away with it.

Last edited by Helpmyspouse; 12-06-2021 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:28 AM

Wow, just wow. The way you lay out the probabilities like you are so sure. Thanks for validating the injustice and corruption of our legal system. Let me give you a quick lesson in law 101. PGT did not look out for best interest of a mentally ill man in need of representation and deemed special party by the courts. Because of this appointment ,The client became the pgt. My ex had no voice. Decisions made were done by pgt and snake lawyer. PGT is the client. I'm now trying to divorce the pgT. Snake lawyer keeps it going for years and years bleeding money from my house. Ex can't even fire his lawyer. He is not the client! To fire his lawyer he first needs to get rid of pgt. To get rid of pgt he needs to get the court to remove the special party status. To remove special party status he needs to pass a mental health assessment. He can't do that cause he is mentally ill. And round and round we go. And the case keeps dragging on with lawyers making money over a family's tragedy. If you still smell BS after all this, it's your own.

Last edited by Helpmyspouse; 12-06-2021 at 01:45 AM.