Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared parenting - child support

Hello,
    Can someone confirm the shared parenting percentages with this schedule.
    I have children from Sunday 4:00pm till Thursday 4:00pm....with one weekend per month under my care. Would this schedule be considered 50/50 in determining child support? Thank you!

So 4 nights per week is 16 per month. Which would be 50% of the month. Then the one weekend is either 3,2or 1 night which would actually take you over 50%

I believe you count the overnights in most Provinces other than PQ who calculate the hours.

Comment

So you have 4 nights a week, plus two extra nights a month?

Assuming that nothing changes with any holidays, over a year span, that is

4*52 + 24 = 232 nights a year. That's 64%.

While your ex has the remaining 133 nights, for the remaining 36%.

You are beyond the threshold for 50/50 and offset. You should be receiving full table from your ex.

Comment

Now just because he or she has a night or 2 less that makes you exceed the 60% mark, doesn't mean you should go for full CS.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iceberg View Post
          Now just because he or she has a night or 2 less that makes you exceed the 60% mark, doesn't mean you should go for full CS.
          I agree. Maybe swing it so the days work out more evenly then keep it 50\50.

Comment

"Just because the person who you dislike the most on the planet owes you a lot of money, doesn't mean that you should take it from them".

Uh huh

In terms of pure vengeance, child support is one of the best weapons available. You get to devastate your opponent financially, cripple any reasonable attempt at them funding a future court battle or bribing the children, and then you can go on vacation using the money your enemy needs to live.

Why would you not go for it?

Alternatively, take the CS, and then give back drips and drabs when the ex is on good behavior, and then stop giving back anything when your ex does anything that displeases you. Receiving CS is power; get it, cherish it, embrace it, use it.

Comment

I was just telling it like it is, not like we wish it was.

Personally, I believe that the offset system should be smoothed out every 10% or so, not all or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                "Just because the person who you dislike the most on the planet owes you a lot of money, doesn't mean that you should take it from them".

Uh huh

In terms of pure vengeance, child support is one of the best weapons available. You get to devastate your opponent financially, cripple any reasonable attempt at them funding a future court battle or bribing the children, and then you can go on vacation using the money your enemy needs to live.

Why would you not go for it?

Alternatively, take the CS, and then give back drips and drabs when the ex is on good behavior, and then stop giving back anything when your ex does anything that displeases you. Receiving CS is power; get it, cherish it, embrace it, use it.
                I think you're reaching a bit here. There's nothing in the OP's post that suggests she wants to devastate her ex or bribe the kid or use CS to control her ex. Why bring in those fantasies?

She asked a fairly simple question: does this schedule equate to shared parenting? - which had a fairly simple answer - no, because one parent has the kids more than 60% of the time. It's just math. We don't know what, if anything, she's going to do with that information.

Comment

How do we know the poster is a " she". Jumping the gun on this. Maybe it's a " he" and he is checking to see if he has 50/50 or is getting screwed. Now the question has been answered the poster is done?

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                    I think you're reaching a bit here. There's nothing in the OP's post that suggests she wants to devastate her ex or bribe the kid or use CS to control her ex. Why bring in those fantasies?
                    I wasn't responding directly to OP.

My response was directed at the silly people who said that you shouldn't go for full CS given the opportunity.

She asked a fairly simple question: does this schedule equate to shared parenting? - which had a fairly simple answer - no, because one parent has the kids more than 60% of the time. It's just math. We don't know what, if anything, she's going to do with that information.
                    I agree, the original question was asked and answered. I'm not the one who deviated first.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
                      How do we know the poster is a " she". Jumping the gun on this. Maybe it's a " he" and he is checking to see if he has 50/50 or is getting screwed. Now the question has been answered the poster is done?
                      OP has more than 50% and child support is being paid.

Almost by definition, that means she ain't male.

Are there exceptions? Of course, but it makes life easier if we make some assumptions that are quite likely to be true.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X