Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question in respect of enforcement of interim spousal support

Hi folks,

Several questions: if I have a decision to a motion for spousal support, enforcement is through FRO, right?

Second question: if yes, do I have to register an order drafted after the decision with the FRO, or can I register the actual decision?

Third question: what if the other party appeals or applies for leave for appeal. Does the order get stayed?

Fourth question (I think this is kinda dumb question, but I need to ask it regardless): what if I appeal or ask for leave of appeal? Can I still draft the order of support and ask it to be enforced?

Appreciate it!

Third question: what if the other party appeals or applies for leave for appeal. Does the order get stayed?

Fourth question (I think this is kinda dumb question, but I need to ask it regardless): what if I appeal or ask for leave of appeal? Can I still draft the order of support and ask it to be enforced?
    I'll answer this based on Quebec laws but it should be similar
    1. Normally alimentary orders are NOT stayed during an appeal - so he would still have to pay
    2. Appealing interim orders is almost impossible (unless you're me)
    3. You still collect even if you appeal however do not appeal when there is a final divorce hearing they are NOT bound by the interim judgement.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X