Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court date on the 28th because I have no all the documents for notice of disclosure

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court date on the 28th because I have no all the documents for notice of disclosure

My lawyer will be back on the 27th. She told me she will contact her lawyer to give me more time because when we moved I lost notices of assessments etc.

If for some reason he don't give me more time, what am I to expect in this court for not providing documents for notice of disclosure within 30 days after I was served?

BTW, my wife won't be able to provide all the documents in time either and her court date is set for October 8 I think

You can go to the revenue canada website and obtain a login to get copies of your assessments. You can also call them and they may be able to fax them to you. I would make efforts to get these asap as this non disclosure of this may negatively impact you.

Comment

I don't think its an unreasonable request of the other lawyer, or the court to ask for more time. Particularily, if the two lawyers have communicated on the point already.

Of course, a 6 months extension might raise eyebrows, but another month would most likely be granted I would think.

All you can do is take all the reasonable steps you can to gather the documents. If those steps fail I would think it wouldn't be held against you.

Comment

I asked my wife 2-3 times to tell her lawyer to give me more time. She says she will but hasn't yet. My lawyer asked for it a week ago. I just feel humiliated going to court SINCE WE APPEARENTLY agreed on everything. If the divorce was contested I'd happily go.

My wife won't gather all documents on time either. That means I will not cancel her court date?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X