Transportation dispute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serene View Post
    For the record - no judge cared that my husband had to pick up his kids EVERY day at their mom's house (4 times a week) because mom refused to sign transportation papers to allow the school bus to drop them off right at our door. My husband for 18 months had to miss work to drop off the kids at school at 9 pm because mom also refused to allow them to be picked up here when they spent the night... makes no sense.
    Serene,

Not sure if you saw this recent ruling regarding buses and divorce:

School Bus Transportation Policy Deemed Discriminatory :: Hicks Morley ::

A recent decision of the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario ("HRTO") has added to the fast growing group of "family status" discrimination cases. J.O. v. London District Catholic School Board highlights that there are many different ways a school board may be vulnerable to claims of family status discrimination. In this FTR Now we review this case and discuss its implications for school boards.
    Divorced parents win landmark case over busing | The London Free Press

It is violation of your partner's human rights for the bus service to not drop of the child on your residential days. I would inform the school bus service and provide them a copy of this case law.

I would notify the school that they immediately restore service to your partner's residence or you will simply file a complaint with the HRTO.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X