Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Judges Views Effect Trial Judge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Judges Views Effect Trial Judge?

Hi There,

Just curious if the current judges views/recommendations/etc from trial management and the previous court steps are considered by the trial judge re: custody/etc? Sadly, I believe we are going to trial and while this current judge has been great, I'm worried about rolling the dice with a trial judge.

Thanks for your input in advance....

Originally posted by vocalfather View Post
    Hi There,

Just curious if the current judges views/recommendations/etc from trial management and the previous court steps are considered by the trial judge re: custody/etc? Sadly, I believe we are going to trial and while this current judge has been great, I'm worried about rolling the dice with a trial judge.

Thanks for your input in advance....
    They see each other in chambers although they are not supposed to discuss these matters. How judges actually do this is through "endorsements". They will provide endorsements that outline some opinions through how they write the endorsements.

For example, if you have an order that someone should get mental health treatment and then a case conference or SC endorses that the person recommended is not qualified... This is a signal that the judge is identifying that the person is not going to follow the order or being an idiot with stuff.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Thank you so much!!!!

Comment

Thank you so much!!!!
        That is why you need to attach all endorsements and orders to the trial record. There be encoded secrets in there.

Comment

Gotcha. Thank you so much Tayken. This has been a 6 yr journey and fingers crossed we are nearing the end.

Comment

Gotcha. Thank you so much Tayken. This has been a 6 yr journey and fingers crossed we are nearing the end.
            If you hit trial be very mindful that your probability of hitting CanLII is high. If it does and you do not want your case law posted please notify me as I generally review every new posting in family law posted in Ontario pertaining to child custody and access.

(Other users take note.)

There have been a few cases where I have unknowingly posted case law and reviewed it of current posters on this forum.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughtfulness, Tayken. To be honest, if it does and it's able to help others, I'd be happy to have it shared. The issues in my case are ones I see asked about daily in this forum and if it helps, that's amazing.

Comment

Hey old timer (you've been on ODF for some time) I think you are proceeding in the right direction and hopefully get things resolved once and for all. Your litigation has been brutally lengthy. How long do you think you will have to wait for trial?

Comment

HAHAHA! I'm not old but man do I feel it. Thankfully, I'm rested about this journey now. As you said Arabian, it needs to happen. So many unnecessary delays and I smell an another attempt at a delay coming tomorrow. We figure trial by Nov/Dec. Settlement conference shortly and will book trial management swiftly after this conference. Our current judge has been great and moving the issues along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You and your ex must have money or means to pay lawyers for it to have lasted this long....

Comment

Arabian, she is, wait for it...on legal aid. I have a close friend helping me and have used an amazing lawyer through JusticeNet.

Comment

Yep. No surprise. Legal aid recipients clogging up the court system. Sheesh.

Comment

Legal Aid should be scrapped...Just my opinion. Then you will see rationality come out in people.

Comment

There needs to be an overhaul of both the legal aid system and the court system

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X