This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Include evidence with motion?

Do you have to supply all evidence when you serve a motion or can you add evidence later?

The reason, I'm asking is because the Judge wrote in an email, "The Applicant may bring a motion seeking interim spousal support in mid June 2012".

So can I write the motion, and not have all the evidence submitted with this motion?

Does "bring a motion" mean I, the Applicant, should call the Court to schedule the motion for mid June or does it mean that I should write the motion and only submit it in mid June?

A little background may help: I agreed in the first case conference that the "Respondent may question the Applicant with respect to the SS claim by way of written questions. The Respondent will provide the questions within 30 days. The Applicant will provide the answers within 30 days thereafter".

Time frame: Last week had case conference,
    Respondent supplying questions would bring us to mid April
    Applicant, me, responding to questions would bring us to mid May

Sounds pretty close? Usually takes a couple of weeks to get a hearing, so if I am understanding it correctly...he sends you questions, you answer, then you request a motion to settle the SS issues based on that data.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X