Restraining Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
    One of her friends at her church came up to me after my daughter's adult baptism and told me she would pray for me to be forgiven. As a Christian, I held my tongue let it go.
    This reminds me of when my partner's ex kicked him out. About a month later he had her Minister calling him and he stopped by his new place of employment a few times, trying to convince him to come to the Church and learn what marriage was really about. It wasn't until he was issued a trespass warning from the owner of the company that he stopped contacting him.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
      If the activities are on your time, you take them. During your ex's parenting time, you stay away. If the ex turns up during your parenting time, be civil but keep a large physical distance between you and him (and between you and his friends, including the maid). He can't get a restraining order if you don't interact with him. Keeping the relationship civil is more important than the kids seeing both of you at every activity.

This is a bit off topic, but it sounds like extracurriculars are getting out of control here - three different kinds of skiiing, Cubs, karate, all for kids less than eight years old, and all bones of contention between the parents. Would your lives all be better if you had more unscheduled time?
      This is excellent, common-sense advice. Maintaining and respecting each other's boundaries will be important as you go forward in future. Trying to be "super parent" isn't realistic. Kids need to be kids and learn how to get along in life without continually being entertained or activities scheduled for them.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X