Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My oldest son slipped and told my mother my ex went off work. She's no dummy. She knew what she was doing. It will eventually even out next year. Her wage is 18/hr. Do the math for the year. My income is 44/hr. I make on a 40 hr work week per year $91500. Overtime isn't mandatory, it's voluntary. If her income was where it should be then it would be allot more reasonable. It would save me about $300/week. I've been real reasonable thru the whole process. Her house is paid for, I paid off her brand new jeep. This was done thru our equalization. I ended up with less in the end. I bought her out of my pension. Im cutting my losses with her. I just have to wait until the end of the year. Were a signature away from settling without going in front of a judge. If I can't come up with the money for my sons school, do I go into arrears for that amount?*

Comment

Originally posted by Baffled_Dad View Post
      My oldest son slipped and told my mother my ex went off work. She's no dummy. She knew what she was doing. It will eventually even out next year. Her wage is 18/hr. Do the math for the year. My income is 44/hr. I make on a 40 hr work week per year $91500. Overtime isn't mandatory, it's voluntary. If her income was where it should be then it would be allot more reasonable. It would save me about $300/week. I've been real reasonable thru the whole process. Her house is paid for, I paid off her brand new jeep. This was done thru our equalization. I ended up with less in the end. I bought her out of my pension. Im cutting my losses with her. I just have to wait until the end of the year. Were a signature away from settling without going in front of a judge. If I can't come up with the money for my sons school, do I go into arrears for that amount?*
      . If she was off work for that long was she on EI?? So what if her house is paid for? So what if she paid off her Jeep using the equalization? You havent even heard why she was off work, just what you son said to the grandmother.
      Last edited by standing on the sidelines; 05-02-2012, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Your right! None of it matters. It will all come out at the end of next year. I'm just moving forward. I can't wait to sign the divorce papers. Its all good! I've never ran from responsibility nor am I now. My kids are my main concern. All I ask is for her to be fair and reasonable. I'm not getting that right now.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X