School Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Trips

Would a $600 school trip fall under S7 in the following situation?

Parent A income $45000
    Parent B income $54000
    Patent B pays Parent A $823 per month in CS

Parent B has EOW and pays for summer sport with no contribution from Parent A.

When it comes to fundraising for the school trip, Parent A doesn’t pass info along to Parent B and only one fundraising form is sent home per child. Does Parent A have a responsibility to actively partake in the fundraising options or can they just decide not to and have Parent B contribute to the full cost?

My cousin is facing this now but in a year or so I’m sure it will come up with my step son.

Canlii returned different results but most trips seemed to be in the thousands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be argued s7 because their incomes are similar.

What kind of fundraising options are there and is it too late to participate?

Could kid get contributions from grandparents/aunts/uncles?

In your case, your hubby should stay on the school about potential upcoming trips etc that way hes not blindsided.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      It could be argued s7 because their incomes are similar.

What kind of fundraising options are there and is it too late to participate?

Could kid get contributions from grandparents/aunts/uncles?

In your case, your hubby should stay on the school about potential upcoming trips etc that way hes not blindsided.

Fortunately for us my step kids school is really good at sending two of everything... maybe when it comes to the grade 8 trip it will be different but I think he would still get the info.

In my cousins case, the son was selling meat from a local supplier... he had it for two weeks (the time between the two EOW) but my cousin was told about it via text at 10pm the night before it was due. So they bought some however given more notice the extended family would have bought some too. Obviously this doesn’t make a huge dent in the cost but it would reduce the cost for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X