Temporary Order for support expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary Order for support expired

Hi, I have a temporary order for support (form 25) issued to me in January of this year until April.This order is temporary, for support to be paid to my ex (applicant) to make up for any outstanding amount possibly owed . Applicant wants more support, claiming a material change of circumstance. We were scheduled to go back to court in early April to adjust the support amount. The applicant (ex) cancelled the April date and is now stalling to get a new date. My question is how do I get the temporary order cancelled and or changed? Could I go to courthouse and schedule for case conference date that was supposed to be in April? What is my best course of action? I am self representing. The applicant is in no hurry to change the temporary order as it is giving her more money per month. I want to resolve the issue. I have made offer to settle back in October and the judge used that amount to adjust any support that may be owing from June 2018, when child support ended. My offer was generous. Applicant is asking for an amount higher than what she was getting with child support. I have been transparent in all my financials and am following the guidelines mid range according to my salary. I also believe the lawyer representing her is not giving her good advice and has made numerous errors in calculation.
    What are the chances of getting a cc date ASAP in the summer months?
    Any suggestions will be appreciated. TY

The order was temporary so you should not be paying. Stop paying. If she filed it with an enforcement agency advise them the order is temporary and should be stopped.

Go to the courthouse and set a new date with the trial coordinators office for the next conference. If your ex adjourns that then its up to her to schedule a new one.

Temporary orders are exactly that, temporary. If it had a date of April then that was the last month you should have paid—nothing more.

Comment

Thank you for your quick response. Hoping the FRO will change amount back to the original amount from the divorce agreement, until a new amount is decided on. Do you know if the trial coordinators office is a walk in service?

Comment

I don’t know about the TC office. As for FRO, call them first thing and get it moving.

Comment

what, specifically, does the order say?

ORDER
          INTERIM INTERIM ORDER

Is there a time limit specified in the order?

If no specific time limit is indicated, an "interim" order, or just an "order", is in force until another order replaces it.

Typically, support orders are automatically registered with maintenance enforcement agencies so, if you have any questions call FRO? MEP?

My personal opinion....I'd consider the order (temporary or not) in force until another order replaces it.
          Last edited by arabian; 06-11-2019, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X