Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I respond? Vehicles ordered to be sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuckinAB View Post
    I only learned of the car being sold through this court application. He never came to me to tell me he sold his car. Or even said now it time to sell ur car...nothing...just been quiet since his DUI. This was ordered 10 months ago and he didnt sell it until now bc his license is suspended. He never asked for the car.

You’re making no sense. You said it was an order that forced the sale... Regardless, you now know he sold the car so now he gets to sell the one you’re driving.

So what’s the holdup now that you know his car has been sold and he is now ready to sell yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

See u didnt read ...

Comment

See u didnt read ...

Best of luck. No one here can help you because you discredit everything people say because it’s not what you want to hear. Go get a lawyer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There was no time frame of when the cars would be sold, just how. Now he wants to sell the other car that he is paying for that you are using. Why do you think you get to stop him?

Comment

Why do you say I'm stopping him?

Comment

He brought a court application that I have to respond to. He could have just told me this....I wanted to clarify the wording of what was ordered.

Comment

Your Not even reading my question....just projecting your own frustrations with your own situations

Comment

Your Not even reading my question....just projecting your own frustrations with your own situations
                  We are reading your question and coming up with the same answer you do not like. He is within his rights to ask for the car you are driving so he can sell it.

Just give him the car and let him sell it so he can stop the financial bleeding that will end up putting both of you into bankruptcy soon.

Comment

I agree sidelines ...he brought a court application just to tell me he sold the car and for possession of the car.. Why should we go back to court.?...now I'm going to ask for an actual spousal support order, since I have to go back to court . Now this will be 5k spent on legal fees between the both of when he could have simply asked for the car or signed it over to me.

Comment

I also ask was the information I posted about why the car was sold suddenly relevant to asking to keep my car or having it signed over to me, since he was in arrears as well and also not paying spousal support ( entitlement and amount was already determined). I will retain a lawyer again.

Comment

I agree sidelines ...he brought a court application just to tell me he sold the car and for possession of the car.. Why should we go back to court.?...now I'm going to ask for an actual spousal support order, since I have to go back to court . Now this will be 5k spent on legal fees between the both of when he could have simply asked for the car or signed it over to me.
                        you should not have to go back to court. All you have to do is give him the car . The only reason it would have to go back to court is if you will not give it to him and the courts have to force you. If you wish to be unreasonable and not follow the order then you may be on the hook for his legal fees for this.

You really have to get off the idea of the car being signed over to you...that isnt the way the "order" was worded. Besides could you afford the payments on the car.

As for the SS order, if he is paying all the bills now then he is paying you a form of SS. Expect him to ask for you to pay half of the mortgage etc if you pursue this right now. You are obligated to pay half the bills also.

Comment

I also ask was the information I posted about why the car was sold suddenly relevant to asking to keep my car or having it signed over to me, since he was in arrears as well and also not paying spousal support ( entitlement and amount was already determined). I will retain a lawyer again.
                          there was a specific order for the cars and how they were to be sold. You are wanting to tie things together but you cant.

There are three ranges for SS. Just because you lawyer feels there is an amount you should get it doesnt mean that a judge will agree. There is no order for SS as you did put that now you will ask for an actual SS order.

You need to take this one issue at a time. Deal with the car and turn it over to him as the court order says you were suppose to do.

Comment

I retained a lawyer. We found out the car was "sold" to a family member and there is significant equity. Now wants to cut a deal ....absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X