No announcement yet.

F.R.O. - any positive feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just pay the arrears off. "Offering" to do something isn't the same as actually doing it.

Comment

You've been in arrears since September 2011 but didn't pay - you deserve to have your license taken from you.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
        You've been in arrears since September 2011 but didn't pay - you deserve to have your license taken from you.
        Negative attitude! You don't know why I am in arrears. Automatically assuming what you think I deserve. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA at you.

I'm in arrears with court costs for court dates I was never "properly" served on and have been fighting the costs since 2011, it's just we haven't been to court due to my ex pushing things back constantly. Not mention that there are support amount issues, in which my ex falsely stated I made a certain amount, which I have never made in my life and child support was never reassessed based on my actual income. Still fighting that. I pay my on-going support payments and other expenses.

Too bad I don't have a Canadian license anyway.

Comment

I'm pretty grown up, thank blinkandimgone. They did take action immediately. I told my ex I had a job, 2 weeks later I get notices. No big deal. I could careless, but what I do care is about is making it financially difficult and unethical of the system to garnish such wages to lower than minimum wage, especially for something that is still in the works of getting sorted out.

Yalls speculations make me LOL! Typical of most I suppose, you have to explain yourself with an explanation. I get it, legal stuff...

Comment

Two weeks isn't immediately, it's two weeks. The same two weeks it took for your paperwork to be processed.

As for grown up, you may be a 'big girl', but whining about FRO and in the same thread gloating they can't touch you because you don't have a Canadian licence? Not a fine example of your maturity in dealing with your situation.

Comment

wah wah wah. You contradict yourself. You state you offered to pay the arrears then you say you've been fighting them since 2011. No credibility. Don't believe anything you say. Loserchick

Comment

Hahaha! Didn't post to get your lame opinion on my matters.
                I posted my FRO experience whether it's a whine or not.

Loser chick, oh you are a mighty intelligent human. Great character on your posts, not to mention what you believe or not are irrelevant to my experience or matter.

It's pretty immediate for being current, as of right now. But that's my opinion and you clearly have yours.

You can tell I am gloating being "untouchable" over the internet. You are smart. You must be an internet guru.

Comment

I'm no internet guru - Your own posts tell us what we need to know.

Well thank you for telling us about your FRO experience. It is heartening that FRO is doing their job afterall. Happy motoring! LOL LOL

Comment

Maturity level reached....

That explains everything!

Comment

I'm in arrears with court costs for court dates I was never "properly" served on and have been fighting the costs since 2011, it's just we haven't been to court due to my ex pushing things back constantly. Not mention that there are support amount issues, in which my ex falsely stated I made a certain amount, which I have never made in my life and child support was never reassessed based on my actual income. Still fighting that. I pay my on-going support payments and other expenses.
                      Are you suggesting that you didn't show up at court so they used your ex's numbers for your financial statement/paystub/tax assessment and also that he was awarded costs because you were a no-show?

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                        Are you suggesting that you didn't show up at court so they used your ex's numbers for your financial statement/paystub/tax assessment and also that he was awarded costs because you were a no-show?
                        My ex was serving me via e-mail. He told the courts that I made x amount at my job. And yes, I didn't show up to court because my lawyer said I didn't have too. But please be advised that my lawyer in the USA, didn't know Canadian law, however, looked up if email was proper service, in which it was not.

But regardless I do pay the arrears and on going support. It just wasn't enough for the FRO, in which the garnishment takes place, even though I am currently fighting against the costs.

It will work out in the end, even if in the end its all paid for by me. And yes, this is me whining, but I don't like the current amount garnished, who would? And I wish the matter was moving along more quickly. But I have the patience. But that doesn't mean I can't complain. ;p

Comment

I guess you can complain about anything. However, its getting harder and harder for me to sympathize.

I'm assuming they email served you because you had fled the country. So you tried to escape to the U.S. where the servers couldn't get to you. In addition, I'm unclear as to why you would bother to hire a U.S. lawyer for a Canadian court action. Unless again, you were trying to pull a fast one and take the kid across the border and file something before he did...but he beat you to the punch.

Frankly, if I were you...I'd stop complaining, running away, and trapping new men by getting repeatedly pregnant. But you're the type who'd rather spend your time justify doing the wrong thing instead of stepping up and doing the right thing.

I truly feel a lot of sympathy for your new husband and new child on the way. You have very bad judgement and its a great shame that they're gonig to be the victims of it.

FRO isn't the problem in your case.

Comment

I'm hopeful (guardedly) that I will have some positive news to report soon. I do feel that my ex will carry on thumbing his nose to the FRO for as long as possible. I'm hoping that since they are used to dealing with boneheads like him, that they will waste no time in cracking the whip. I do like my worker and he speaks fluent English! I get the impression they go through extensive and on-going training there. Would be a helluvan interesting job IMO

Comment

hadenough: Looking forward to your post of success in getting your ex to obey court orders. I know it's been a long uphill battle for you. Justice will prevail.... just takes too bloody long some times!

Comment

Thx Arabian. Will definitely keep adding to thread and hopefully it will help/inform others too. Even if it's just in terms of having a better understanding of what to expect.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X