This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job search

job search, what is considered an amount by the courts to be actively seeking employment, 5-10-20 or more a week, some weeks there is almost nothing and other weeks there is about 10-15 jobs applied for.

Sorry Frustrated, I have no idea. But I was wondering the same as my husband would have had to provide a job search disclosure should he not have found a job by our court date. It gave me knots in my stomach just thinking about having to formulate some sort of spreadsheet indicating the name of the company, the position applied for, the date applied for, the contact person for the position, the outcome of the application, etc. Especially because my husband was applying for a dozen positions per day sometimes! Other times, as you said, there isn't even a dozen in a week! We just figured that if his applications averaged out to a couple per day, it would be okay. But you also have to consider what type of positions you're applying for... are you applying for positions that you're qualified for and have a chance of obtaining, or are you shooting way over your head? I'm just thankful he found a job (though it's not in his field, the hours suck, but it's a job and it pays pretty well) and we don't have to disclose his job search. I wish you luck, my friend. I cannot imagine having to figure that out right now.

Comment

Lucky you! I am lucky if I find 2 a month that I would be qualified for. However, competition is fierce with 50 to 200 applicants for instance your like a needle in a haystack. However, this weekend I had 2 recruiters contact me but both are out of town.

Comment

If I might make an observation: job search is not restricted to applications that you file. As you point out there is an ebb and flow to these.
        However there are things that you do that also qualify as job search.
        Meeting with a recruiter is one for example. Even if it is over the phone.
        Networking meetings with ex colleagues is another. Research is another. Phone calls is another. Time spend reading relevant web pages is another, etc.
        Log all your activities in something like MS Outlook and you should be able to produce a decent job search record.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X