Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids travelling out of country

Hi all,

Totally new, sorry in advance if the acronyms are not correct etc. My husbands ex is taking the kids on vacation (which we are very supportive of). According to the court order she requires a consent letter (fairly standard). My husband has asked for the name, address and phone number of the man (who we do not know) that is apparently travelling with them. Our kids (D10 and S7) only know this man by his first name and last initial.
    My husband is the NCP however we have joint custody.
    Ex wife claims my husband has no right to the information of the man travelling with her and the kids.
    Is she correct?
    Thanks so much.

She's right. Your husband has a right to information about the kids, where they will be, when, travel arrangements, contact information, proof of insurance. although it would be nice to know, you are not entitled and must trust that the other parent is responsible. If she were sending the children to travel alone with him that would be very different.

Comment

something called Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
        something called Facebook.

Comment

He is on Facebook, as is the exwife but both have all of their privacy settings at their max.

She even went so far as to unfriend her own mother, sister and the godfather of the children because they were all still facebook friends with my husband and she didn't want to risk him seeing anything as a friend of a friend.

Comment

Is she a good parent? Responsible? Any neglect/abuse/abduction concerns? If so, he shouldn't have waited till now to raise them. If not, then don't worry about it. It's her business, not yours.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X