This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disclosure BEFORE a SC

I have a SC scheduled for July. Before this conference am I not entitled to ALL the document disclosure that the other party initially said they would disclose? I was under the impression that I am entitled to this before a SC. I have asked several times for it, with no response, or in one case, I will get back to you within two weeks (but they never did). So, if I am correct that I am entitled to this disclosure, is there a way I can get it before the SC. This disclosure is (some of it anyhow) vitally important.

I had an awesome answered prepared and then I lost internet.

Yes, you are entitled.
    Probably need to file a motion if they don't cooperate.
    Be sure to bring that up when discussing costs.
    The settlement conference will probably not be very close to what you're expecting.

Comment

Ahh, my internet always stays running, BUT, my computer randomly shuts down on me What time frame should I give before filing a motion AND, should I request all the disclosure one last time first? What do you mean that it probably won't be very close to what I am expecting? Insight please

Comment

There's the Family Law Act and then there's the Family Law Rules (for proper court procedure follow whats in the rules for court) just make sure you have copies of your requests for disclosuret and better yet repeated requests for disclosure, make requests clear and it must be for the same issue as what is in front of court you can't start new issue's. The party u r referring to will plead stupid or didn't know...it's a dely tactic...I'd ask for a 2nd Settlement conference (yeah it's a bummer all that time and costs like I said it's a tactic people use, they hope ur in a hurry and will drop it to get things over with) The judge will be twisting ur arm for a deal that day too, at the end you'll be more angry for settling...so how important is this disclosure to the entire matter?

Comment

Thanks. I am not asking for disclosure outside what was brought up in CC save and except for disclosure that the other party OFFERED, but hasn't produced. One major thing being sought after is disclosure of financials. I hope that helps!

Comment

People are only deaf because they want to be, it'll hurt there position if disclosure is made. Form 13 is there for people to perjure themselves it's a sworn doc. Since everything is about money in Family Law it comes down to how patient you are in getting money or how much you can afford to spend to get the money (and still be patient). Judge has options to "input" (need 3 appearances or more to get that I guess).....wait for the SC and make a judge understand (prove it) how important disclosure is and get him/her to ask for it.....or go to a Trial Management Conf in the hopes of getting the disclosure by that time (you won't)....Trial you may get the doc but it may not be everything you thought it would be..............all in all if your gonna waste years chasin for disclosure anyways I'd make the prime issue (with ur other issues) financial disclosure and schedule another SC....the other party will now be in the hot seat..I'm not a lawyer but been in court tons with my ex...I ignore her financial disclosure so much hogwash in there waste of time and money sifting thru it

Comment

I have a TON of patients (mostly) and like most no money . The OP's disclosure if very important if this is to continue on. This is all so very frustrating though.......
              So far, the OP's own "evidence" has turned out against their side completely. I am not talking financials here, just about how "good" of a person the OP claims to be lol Really, up to this point, I have barely said a word in court and just let the judge blast away at the other party, blast away. Scares me though- I hope I'm not next lol

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X