Justice Pazarataz Does it Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ifonlyihadknown View Post
    ... Considering what the courts can do to you, someone taking you to court is definitely a threat.
    Do you even know what the definition of a "threat" is?

a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done.
    Telling someone you are going to take proper and allowable legal action is NOT a threat. This nonsense that telling someone you are going to act on your charter rights and seek resolution before a court is not a threat. It is a perfectly legal and allowable thing in CND law.

99% of litigants are not vexatious. There is a small % that are but, the vast majority are not. So to label all court actions as "threats" is just an example of uncontrolled anxiety.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

I took his move to get a lawyer as a way to help with access compliance. Her actions were all threats--to take his kid away.

Plus hes a cop so I can imagine it was also to protect against possible complaints of harassment.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
        I took his move to get a lawyer as a way to help with access compliance. Her actions were all threats--to take his kid away.

Plus hes a cop so I can imagine it was also to protect against possible complaints of harassment.
        All excellent points and I agree. Having a lawyer and seeking the legal route to have proper access established was the best (and probably only) course of action for this parent.

Comment

Tayken, this is so so good. Thanks!

This line is such a gem: She used the mantle of motherhood to challenge the legitimacy of anyone questioning her judgment or motive. 48 k

Comment

Getting a lawyer IS a threat - just a "legal"/allowed threat.

Anything that can potentially hurt you is a "threat"....

Comment

I got as far as:

But on December 2nd she sent him an e-mail which stated “You are such an ass hole” (which prompted a nasty exchange about whether “a$$hole” was one word or two).

... and then gave up in despair at humanity.

(And also, who testifies in court as to the date they last had sex with their ex? How is this remotely relevant to custody? Yech! Yech!).

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                (And also, who testifies in court as to the date they last had sex with their ex? How is this remotely relevant to custody? Yech! Yech!).
                It is quite common evidence if there is a disagreement about the date of separation.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                  It is quite common evidence if there is a disagreement about the date of separation.
                  ^^^ but that doesn't seem to be the case here. They were completely separated, but doing the wild thing every once in a while until Mom found out that Dad had a new girlfriend and her behaviour towards Dad flipped. So I'll amend my statement:

Who testifies in court UNNECESSARILY about the date they last had sex with their ex? Yech! Yech!

Comment

I just finished the whole thing last night. Honestly? They're both a-holes. Two words or one.

What is sad is that the legal system allowed this circus to go on for so long.

Comment

?Worst kind of custody dispute? ends with $500,000 in lawyer fees after a 36-day trial | National Post

Article about this one.

Comment

...wow, the huge gap in income alone was a sure sign that Eileen (the wife) had the upper hand all along. Mr Robocop had no chance...buddy now has to pay a fee more than his yearly salary

Pazaratz wrote in a recent follow-up to that ruling in which he awards Penny’s father Davis Jackson $192,000 in costs. The judge lambastes the parents for having “squandered” money that could have been benefitted their now eight-year-old daughter.

He’s a cop making about $100,000 a year, his ex — Eileen — does computer-based “control detailing” earning $30,000 part-time. But the most shocking thing isn’t the eye-popping legal bill on modest means, but the stomach-churning “emotional manipulation” detailed in the lengthy ruling.

From karate classes to soccer matches, Jackson fought for years for even the most basic access to Penny, at one point “begging” Eileen to obey the suggestions of a social workers tapped to facilitate their shared custody.

Comment

Originally posted by hopefull View Post
                          ...wow, the huge gap in income alone was a sure sign that Eileen (the wife) had the upper hand all along. Mr Robocop had no chance...buddy now has to pay a fee more than his yearly salary
                          Huh? Father got custody and costs.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungDad23 View Post
                            Wow, that case gives me and other parents dealing with control freaks on here a list of what to watch out for in the future!

That poor little girl throwing up at exchanges breaks my heart!

S2 has been giving his mom and I the gears lately when I pick him with tears and choking, I know that's pretty normal for a toddler, but I sure hope my ex isn't getting him wound up before I arrive.
                            Im that "little gir"l you are referring too. Just wanted to say that everything turned out ok!! Im so sorry to hear about your toddler. If anything happens, no matter what, do whats best for the child!

Comment

Originally posted by PaigeJ View Post

Im that "little gir"l you are referring too. Just wanted to say that everything turned out ok!! Im so sorry to hear about your toddler. If anything happens, no matter what, do whats best for the child!
                              ♥️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X