Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's easiest if you just alternate months in paying for the daycare.... then you can each claim half at the end of the year.

These complicated cost sharing arrangements take cooperation and trust, which is obviously lacking here. You think either your ex or the daycare is scamming you for a free day ($30-40) once in awhile for a holiday or PD day. So now you've spent at least, what, $7000-8000 to have no resolution of the issue? Not the best cost-benefit analysis I've seen.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice winterwolf7......you're right on all of it.
      Lawyer fees for it weren't that bad, as it was settled out of court in 4 months at one 4-way meeting. Has still ended up being a waste of money though. But the lawyer fee is a small amount compared to all the money the ex has actually received from me over the last 4 years. (which is why I finally got a lawyer to fight the babysitting nonsense)

I get the way you analyzed the babysitting amendment...but that's not the order they wrote it in. Because they wrote it in the order as "Mary will pay the child care expense and provide Bob with a receipt on a monthly basis. Bob will reimburse her within 20 days upon being advised of the amount owing" It can also be taken as "being advised of the amount owing" is the amount listed on the receipt.
      As it doesn't state anything about being advised an amount owing through e-mail.

I'm fine with paying during her regular work week/when the kids are in school. During the pd days/school holidays...I want to have the kids as per the right of first refusal clause----so when she denies me getting the kids and then puts them in babysitting/expecting me to pay for it.....that is the real issue and why I wont' pay for those days. Those days are the issue to me!

That's what she is threatening to file a motion of contempt over---me not paying her for the pd days/school holidays after she denies me having them/chooses to put them in babysitting instead.

Comment

Save those receipts, if she happens to try and file contempt, you counter file contempt on her for documented violation of the rofr clause. In any event, take the receipt book and a copy of the current order and send it back to the child care lady, asking what schedule works best for her to provide you copies as per the order.

Comment

Originally posted by knackered View Post
          I'm fine with paying during her regular work week/when the kids are in school. During the pd days/school holidays...I want to have the kids as per the right of first refusal clause----so when she denies me getting the kids and then puts them in babysitting/expecting me to pay for it.....that is the real issue and why I wont' pay for those days. Those days are the issue to me!

That's what she is threatening to file a motion of contempt over---me not paying her for the pd days/school holidays after she denies me having them/chooses to put them in babysitting instead.
          Do you have a right of first refusal clause that she is not honouring?

Have you thought about going to the daycare on a PA day, getting your kids for the day, and then dropping them off again before your ex's pickup time? Send the ex an email notifying her that you did this, but after you've already got the kids. If you have joint custody, you have every right to do this.

And if the daycare won't provide receipts, then don't pay unless you can confirm the amounts some other way. You need a daycare that works with you, not against you. You should be able to deal with the daycare as well as your ex does.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X