This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRO not following amendment

Ex filed a motion to take me to court for increase in child support and babysitting expenses.

We ended up settling out of court with lawyers.

We did an amendment that I would pay $606 a month child support, plus an extra $100 in arrears back to 2011 for 6 months. After the 6 months it will go back to $606 a month child support.

They put the babysitting arrears back to 2011 in there too and it is supposed to be paid at $80 extra a month on top of the child support.

Just got a letter in the mail today from FRO saying that they will be garnishing $606 a month for child support.

They did not say anything about that extra $100 for the arrears to 2011. Or anything about the babysitting arrears of $80.

My ex has put me through hell...lied to FRO in the first place about child support that I didn't owe---and was able to scam me out of $4000!

What typically happens in situations like this when FRO are the ones not following the amendment?

I do not want to give my ex any money directly for child support, since she has lied about money I've given her in the past. I would prefer to have the lawyers send a letter to FRO explaining everything---keep everything done directly through FRO child support related. Can it be done like this?

Does the FRO have a certified/issued copy of the Amendment? If so - you need to ask them what is going on. If they don't, I think you can take the amended agreement to the court clerk and get it stamped, and then file it w/FRO. Anybody else know? Understandably, you want all this to streamline through them, and definitely not direct. Put the monies aside for now until you figure out what is going on.

Comment

The final copy is certified. Everything was sent to FRO by the ex's side---either her or her lawyer, I assume.

I'm not saying anything about it at this point----If ex has any issues---she can deal with FRO---seeing as she's the one who got them involved in the first place. (works to my benefit having them involved--as she can't lie and say I haven't paid her support anymore)

Comment

If they are not going to garnish the arrears, then stick them in a separate account until it gets sorted out.

You should contact the FRO directly and confirm if they have the most recent copy of the order. Otherwise you run the risk of being burned. At least make the attempt.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X