X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Final Order was created at Settlement by the Judge

Hi All,

I wanted to take this opportunity to let you all know that the Judge hearing the case for custody of my son has made her final ruling on all issues at Settlement. The Judge took full advantage of the fact that both my ex and I appeared without counsel but entering a final order 'on agreement' (which my ex did not agree with) for joint custody, 50-50 access (same schedule) using parallel parenting, all parenting issues being resolved by a parenting coordinator (my ex was asking for sole custody).

My son is also allowed to travel with either custodial parent (even outside Canada) and I have been granted the opportunity to apply for dual citizenship on his behalf. I am British and my son was born in the UK but my ex and I where never married.

After 2 years of case conference, CAS investigations, a OCL assessment, and 3 settlement conference, I finally have what I have been asking for since day one.

Thanks for all the advice and I hope I won't need any more help for a long, long, long time.

Cheers.

That's what happened to me. After a year and a half of b/s including OCL and more or less the same court involvement, we ended up with a schedule that I had more or less proposed at the outset.

Except that I got sole custody after proposing joint.

The whole system is just a legal fee meat grinder.

Comment

Pharah,

during the time before the order what was the "status quo"? I mean the ongoing access?

Comment

We have always had joint custody with 50-50 access. My ex was trying to get sole custody with my access being limited to EOW, mainly for financial reasons and to be a cow.

My son's schedule is week about with Tuesday overnight for the non-custodial. This remains the same.

The only real change who has final say in the area of education and medical. The judge followed the OCL recommendation and split that. Ex gets medical and I got education.

Comment

Congrats Pharah, happy things worked out well for you

Comment

Thanks...really couldn't do it without all of you. Really help me stay sane.

Hope you read this IPP.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X