X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STBX's Lawyer

Hi,

Is my stbx required to provide her lawyer's name, firm and contact info to me?

She keeps threatening me with all these lawyers she claims to have but never tells me their names or the firm they work for. Her latest is "a big Texas firm with international offices".

She is currently overseas and is contesting the separation agreement, which we both negotiated and she willingly signed. She is now claiming she was forced to sign it in order to have our son join her, the custody of our son being part of the agreement. Of course she has not honoured any part of the agreement, i.e. travelling with my son without giving me prior notice, not enrolling him in school (he is 14), blocking him access to me, etc.

Thanks

Basically, it is just a threat until you actually get a letter from the lawyer.

Any lawyer communication will come with their contact info so you do not even need to ask. They will provide the info otherwise it would mean that they are not looking for any response.

Comment

1. they are just threats, if she plans to "get a lawyer after you" then you will get a mail from her lawyer.

She signed the separation agreement willingly, you can get the section in question turned into a court order.

Comment

Don't worry about it, if she really had a lawyer you would receive something from her lawyer.

In my line of work, I often have people threaten me with their "lawyer", you know the lawyer from the "big city firm"... I often respond by handing them the business card of our legal team and asking them to now direct all communication to our legal team, as I will no longer discuss this matter with them. It is not long before they admit they don't have a lawyer.

Tell your ex that you will no longer communicate directly with her and that if she wishes to communicate with you, it must be through her lawyer... see what her response is then

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X