This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-day vacation limit vs 8-day charter flights

Most charter flights for sun destinations fly and return on the same day of the week e.g. depart Sat morning - return Sat evening. This means that the vacation period (from pickup to dropoff) is technically 8 days.

Our consent order says I can have two 7 days vactions (not joined together), and one 14-day vacation each year.

In the past she has permitted me (with some squawking) to join my 7 days onto other contiguous access time, to make it 9 days (heck, that's the normal case for HER vacation time, because she has 70% time).

But, I'm still expecting difficulty obtaining her consent for an 8 day trip.

Anyone out there had any experience in court regarding 'sun trip packages' when vacation is limited to 7 days?
    Last edited by dinkyface; 01-24-2011, 06:50 PM.

Yes! Depending on how often your access is, you can offset the extra day with another access day...the courts see no issue with this, and will see it as unreasonable for another parent to withhold consent, if it comes to that.

Comment

I think its sad that parents even argue about stuff like this... but Divorce sucks..

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X