Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:54 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
Thanks pursuing...well??..meh..define well

Munchausen syndrome??...I'm thinking no.....it's basically based off the fact that she wants to stay on my health benefit plan INDEFINETLY..they mentioned so during our 4 way meeting back in Feb.(I'm being serious)..it's quite an extensive plan and she's ALWAYS taken advantage of it!!
It is a form of problem falsification known as malingering actually. Munchausen syndrome is for emotional gain and usually to assume and play the "sick role".

The challenge she faces is that a simple call reporting a potential case of malingering on the insurance policy will cause the insurer to quickly send her through a battery of psychological tests and interviews to determine if she has "genuine" medical conditions and needs. (I am assuming she is getting some form of disability pension from it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
I wouldn't know from one day to the next what she had planned (cosmetic dentistry for example)..I'd be getting $$ deposited in my account from insurance provider on a weekly basis...
This is a common pattern of behaviour often demonstrated by people who exhibits traits of histrionic personality disorder. Which is often linked (co-morbid) with Munch Synd. and malingering.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 10-10-2013, 02:21 PM

Leviathan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
It is a form of problem falsification known as malingering actually. Munchausen syndrome is for emotional gain and usually to assume and play the "sick role".

The challenge she faces is that a simple call reporting a potential case of malingering on the insurance policy will cause the insurer to quickly send her through a battery of psychological tests and interviews to determine if she has "genuine" medical conditions and needs. (I am assuming she is getting some form of disability pension from it.)

This is a common pattern of behaviour often demonstrated by people who exhibits traits of histrionic personality disorder. Which is often linked (co-morbid) with Munch Synd. and malingering.

Good Luck!
Tayken
I guess if I really wanted to, I could get the benefits provider to look into that a little more closely.

thanks for that Tayken.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:23 PM

Leviathan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post

Good Luck!
Tayken
oh and no...no disablilty at all...why would she need to..lol..with the ss she's getting from me

she's a seasonal worker, so it's kinda looped me into SS more so than ever.

yes..she's worked during the whole relationship but the differences in our salaries seems to have convinced the judge that she needs SS (on the interim basis)