Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 06:46 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

And dad should never tell or imply to the kids that mom's a bad guy and is ruining their plans. Dad SHOULD comply with the court order and things would go smoothly and he would have nothing to whine to the kids about. Dad is clearly conflict seeking and not above involving the kids to further his agenda.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:25 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadia View Post
... as long as he provided me with information about where the children were going, for how long or where they might be staying. He disagreed and contrary to our court order claimed he did not need to share that information..
This is a bit beside the point ... but doesn't he realise that he needs a consent letter from you with exactly this information on it? Is he planning to travelling without this letter? has he asked for it?

Otherwise ... I agree he is a jerk for telling the kids that "we would do <fun stuff> if only mommy would give me your passports, but she won't"
Old 07-24-2012, 07:30 PM

Nadia is on a distinguished road

No, he doesn't need a consent letter from me.

Our court order specifically stipulates that a consent travel letter is not needed from either parent, but the party does need to provide the other parent with information where they are traveling with the children, for how long, flight itinery (if applicable); an address of where they will be staying for that time and a contact number.

Last edited by Nadia; 07-24-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:01 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slughead10 View Post
So why not up the passport. Your order doesn't state when he is to provide the info he may wait till the last minute. Do you actually believe he won't bring them back

If not let them go and address the mater in court and you won't look like mean mom
when she gets the info then she will give him the passport. She is following the court order, he isnt. If she has to wait till the last minute for the information then he can wait til the last minute for the passport. He needs to play by the rules, especially ones that he wanted put into the agreement.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:15 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slughead10 View Post
does the order state she is to withhold the passports? she is being as stuborn as him in my opinion give him the passports let him breach the court order then address it in court.
all he has to do is provide the information he is suppose to, she would give him the passports no problem if he would give the information. Why should she have to take him to court later?? I am sure she has better things to do with her time, plus the clause he wanted put in the court order covers this situation.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:19 PM

The clause reads as follows:

"The party removing the children shall provide the other with general information pertaining to his/her departure, including addresses and telephones where the children will be staying and a travel itinerary and copies of air tickets if travel by air is involved. The parties shall not require letters of permission in order to leave Canada with the children."

I am not sure why this information can not be shared. I've received no information whatsoever.

It would be pointless addressing any breach of the court order after the fact. Why would I pursue this matter in court after the fact? To what effect? Its not going to help the children much if Dad has to go to court for breaching his own court order?

Slug head, it may come as a surprise to you, but some of us actually prefer not to go to court unless it is "absolutely" necessary.

It is easier just to try and comply with the court order.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:00 PM

Because "He" would expect me to provide him this information, if the positions were reversed. I am sure he would like to know where I was taking the children, where we were planning on staying and would want me to provide him with a number that he could contact the kids on. If I didn't provide him with ALL this information, he would be at the Airport with police officers in tow accusing me of absconding with the children and then he would drag me to court alleging contempt.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

Nadia ... is that REALLY the reason?
Old 07-24-2012, 09:09 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Nadia, you just have to put Slug on your ignore list.

He likes to play the victim and represent the fathers here, when in fact:
he and his ex played the welfare system for years with their ongoing brood of kids born in alcohol and drugs; he's successfully completely alienated the mother, presumably due to her dependencies and his inadequacies as a fellow parent; he continues to intentionally (and successfully, it appears) deliberately avoid the reuniting of their children with their mother.

he even offers his assvice on 50/50 scheduling! haa.. really?

and yet he whines, poor poor me and you are a bad, bad mother.

In the meantime, he actually is the male parallel of all of the worst ex-wife/mother posts we have seen posted here by the men on our sites. And there are some crazy ex-wives/mothers out there = meet Slug.
He plays the system. And then he screams victim.

This is not someone you need to be taking assvice from or even consider his hurtful comments as a reflection on your parenting skills. He sucks at parenting skills.

I've had him on ignore for the last several months and just undid that feature to see why he could possibly be posting/critisizing your initial post.
Yup... he's going back on ignore.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:12 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkyface View Post
Nadia ... is that REALLY the reason?
Would you offer up the passports to your ex, with no information as to travel arrangements? I'm pretty good with my ex, but if he asked for the passport, I'd have to ask ... umm where ya going? Relevant information, imo.

How about: I'd like to plan a fun trip with the kids, to "here", and I have time off work from Aug 14 - Aug 26. Could you please send the passports along when they come next. If I need a consent letter, I'll let you know.

See how easy that is?
Closed Thread