No announcement yet.

Section 7 and Final Court Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It states 'extra circular' not extraordinary. Two very separate things. Most time extra curricular activities are not deemed S7 expenses, which means they are covered under CS.

What does your order say regarding S7 or extraordinary expenses?

Comment

In my Arbitrated ruling - I pay the money - and all she has to do is advise me of the activities the kids are put into.
      Due to the fact that my ex wanted them in 'this' activity and I suggested 'that' or my ex wanted a $500.00 summer camp - I wanted $250.00...the level of debate and frustration ended with it being ruled that I have no say in what the kids get put into.
      It's unfortunate that the S7 couldn't get more defined...perhaps any activity registration cost over x amount of dollars is deemed S7...
      As previously stated - the arbitrator indicated that while the activities my children were involved in were not S7 individually - their totality 'made' them S7.
      The lack of a defined set of parameters simply leads to poor misinterpretation and conflict between the parents - thereby resulting in more litigation (and money that COULD be spent towards activities)...a vicious circle

Comment

Looking at the wording, I would say you have the authority to register the kids in activities, but would question whether you followed the first part of the clause:

but shall consult in a meaningful fashion with the Applicant
        If you didn't consult with your ex, you didn't meet the test. Further, as Berner Faith mentioned, it doesn't speak to s7 expenses and how they are to be determined. There may be another clause that speaks to s7 expenses and how they are defined/determined. But this clause speaks to ability to register for activities, I don't see how it binds the other party to contributing, especially if you didn't ask first.

Comment

Meaningful can simply be...I emailed him - advised him that the children wished to partake in 'x activity' - gave him notice that the registration was due in two months - that the registration was 'x amount'...
          If she does this - and as long as the activity is not over the top - her ex will be required to contribute.
          That said - if she goes and registers them in 15 things without having a defined S7 contribution plan from the courts - she may get stuck with the costs...at least until something in writing is awarded by the court.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X