Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether you choose to share custody of the child or not, whether she has sole custody, by default or by legal decision you are still financially responsible. That's all you're getting.

If you want professional, go hire a professional to find out you're still on the hook for child support, even if she agrees now and changes her mind down the road. At that point, you'll just owe back support for all the years you didn't pay.

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
      Exactly what I thought. You haven't told them. Because they would be ashamed of how you handled the problem.

What you don't seem to understand is that your ex's behaviour (bad as it was) does not take you off the hook from supporting your child even after your choice to "to have nothing to do with him or her and live my own life".

Do you think your baby should be given a chance to have a healthy, happy childhood, and grow up and go to university like yourself to chase his dreams and aspirations?
      No, I havent told them because they are dead.

Listen, she agreed to raise the child by herself. She made the decision, she wanted to be a mother, so now she is dealing with the decision. Support has nothing to do with this.

No, I wanted an abortion. She wanted to keep it, so she should deal with it. Unless of course you are sexist? Are you sexist? If so then you are not credible.

<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1">
      Originally posted by tugofwar
      I wonder why maybe she didn't tell you that she was pregnant!!!
      Reading your posts makes me just want to vomit. Abortion.... really.... Yes it's just that simple. Did you not practice safe sex? Do your parents even know?
      Yes, abortion is that fucking simple. The fly that I swatted has more vivid existence than a zygote. She made the decision, so she deals with the decision. What, is my objective stance to harsh for you to handle? Do you believe women are vulnerable, innocent little creatures that cannot make decisions on their own, or deal with decision on their own? No, if a women can make a decision without the man being able to do anything about it, the man should be able to do the same. Please, enlighten me with some valid and intriguing arguments to counter my own, or else stop posting.

Comment

You fucking well fucking want fucking profesionallfuckingism? Why did you start in the swearing almost right away then?

You want to know what your rights to the child are but you want nothing to do with him?

You aren't holding court here your highness. I expect you do to do the research, you fucking goof.

Before coming on here and demanding that we all research your questions, provide sources like your Poli Sci 101 prof would have you do, read the damn forum and gather your own information. It's all here for you to find.

Cause we too busy at Thursday pub night getting our drink and our sex on with your U of T, or York, or Ryerson chickies.

Comment

Do you object to paying child support? Or are you asking the forum if you remove all your rights as a parent you don't have any type of obligation to the child?
          Like another poster stated, if you work out an agreement without going to court, you might get off the hook for the financial part of it but it doesn't guarantee she takes your ass to court in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhilosopher
            I started to date a girl 2 years ago. We broke up because of intense problems and then after 10 months she comes to me and tells me I have a son....I have never met him but I know it is my son for I have seen pictures, and it is a direct match
            Originally posted by ThePhilosopher
            No, I wanted an abortion. She wanted to keep it, so she should deal with it. Unless of course you are sexist? Are you sexist? If so then you are not credible.
            I could swear you said you knew nothing before hand so.... how exactly do you abort a living child?

You should stop skipping classes...

Comment

Effects of truancy can be devastating.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhilosopher View Post
                No, I wanted an abortion. She wanted to keep it, so she should deal with it.
                That may be the way you think it ought to be.

But as soon as your ex finds out what time it is, you're in for a rude awakening.

The law doesn't give a shit about whether you or she wanted an abortion.

It only gives a shit about the child from which you walked away.

Over. And. Out. With. You.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                  Whether you choose to share custody of the child or not, whether she has sole custody, by default or by legal decision you are still financially responsible. That's all you're getting.

If you want professional, go hire a professional to find out you're still on the hook for child support, even if she agrees now and changes her mind down the road. At that point, you'll just owe back support for all the years you didn't pay.
                  Do you understand the logic that you are presenting right now? You are telling me "Even if she chooses to raise the child by herself and pay for everything by herself, you are still financially responsible" Does that make any sense to you?

Also, I have not taken any DNA tests at all....so your point is rather moot.

Originally posted by kimberley
                  You continue to prove what a lazy sloth you are - look for sources yourself, since you're so much more educated than everyone else; useless cumdumpster.
                  Oh here comes the brain.

Obviously if I had the sources myself, I would not have to resort to posting in a forum. I also expected a forum like this to have people with the sources, but little did I know.

Comment

Comment

Dont worry, my own (soon to be) ex husband wanted an abortion because he conveniently forgot that he was the one that wanted children and wasn't quite ready and realized that he didn't like children and they just got in the way of HIS plan, so "YES" when I see someone, a coward like yourself come on here and say that abortions are that simple, your parents are probably turning in their graves... arrogant ass!

Comment

No, I havent told them because they are dead.

Listen, she agreed to raise the child by herself. She made the decision, she wanted to be a mother, so now she is dealing with the decision. Support has nothing to do with this.

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); COLOR: rgb(255,255,255)" SIZE=1>

Yes, abortion is that fucking simple. The fly that I swatted has more vivid existence than a zygote. She made the decision, so she deals with the decision. What, is my objective stance to harsh for you to handle? Do you believe women are vulnerable, innocent little creatures that cannot make decisions on their own, or deal with decision on their own? No, if a women can make a decision without the man being able to do anything about it, the man should be able to do the same. Please, enlighten me with some valid and intriguing arguments to counter my own, or else stop posting.
                        Funny, earlier you said you didn't know about the child until after he was born, now you say you wanted her to have an abortion.

FYI, she didn't make the decision by herself, you contributed equally when you decided to have sex, protected or not - nothing is 100% except abstinance. YOU CHOSE not abstain. That was YOUR choice and now you're unhappy with the choice YOU made and think a child should suffer for it.

Comment

Do you understand the logic that you are presenting right now? You are telling me "Even if she chooses to raise the child by herself and pay for everything by herself, you are still financially responsible" Does that make any sense to you?
                          It makes perfect sense, in fact...it's the law.

Also, I have not taken any DNA tests at all....so your point is rather moot.
                          FYI: not required.

Obviously if I had the sources myself, I would not have to resort to posting in a forum. I also expected a forum like this to have people with the sources, but little did I know.
                          Excellent, expect to pay a fortune for a lawyer, either now or in the future, lol. Better up your hours flipping burgers kiddo!

Comment

Didn't you know, it's not about the child, it's about the ass where the child came from...

Comment

Um... you are asking about YOUR rights.... but do you WANT to be a parent? (I'm not hearing it). You have the right to visit your child (the amount of time is up to you), but that is about it. She has de-facto sole-custody - i.e. full control. But unless you establish yourself as a parent by spending the time and love now, then even this basic right of access will evaporate.

Regardless of what you want ... your CHILD has a legal right to your support $'s through to the end of a post-secondary degree. Enforcement measures include incarceration without trial, paycheque/EI garnishment, driver's license suspension.

Sources:
                              - Did you make it as far as reading the basic legal info offered on this website (not the Forum part)?
                              - About Child Support in Canada
                              Last edited by dinkyface; 01-18-2011, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                                Funny, earlier you said you didn't know about the child until after he was born, now you say you wanted her to have an abortion.

FYI, she didn't make the decision by herself, you contributed equally when you decided to have sex, protected or not - nothing is 100% except abstinance. YOU CHOSE not abstain. That was YOUR choice and now you're unhappy with the choice YOU made and think a child should suffer for it.
                                Oh man, im starting to think half the people on these forums are minimum-wage earning junkies with brain capacities on par with baboons.

I did not know about the child, my point is that I wanted an abortion and she didn't, so she should deal with the decision she made. It was meant to be a conditional statement, if I wanted an abortion, I should not be influenced by her decision.

Why is everyone here biased bigots? Can no one be objective? Am I the only non-sexist person here?

Answer me, why is a women able to undergo an abortion without the males consent and at the same may refuse an abortion but hold the man responsible. Does this make any sense? No, it is sexist. Also, appealing to authority is a logical fallacy, so I don't want to hear "its the law". In Saudi Arabia women cant drive, that does not mean it is right.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X