This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I managed to get to this site while doing a search on Google for Case Conference Information. I have found the postings here to be helpful and thank those who have taken the time to post things from their experience and knowledge.
    As for myself, I am into my 8th month of separation. So much can happen in 8 months. I know many of you have been dealing with your issues for a lot longer than I have. I feel for you.
    Quick summary of my situation... my ex and I are sharing the children almost 50/50. We tried mediation, but since I want full custody of the children that is not going to work. Details of this are so complicated that when I sought legal advice, a seasoned lawyer (who is a mediator, family lawyer and child lawyer) simply sits there and listens and shakes her head. She tells me it makes her head spin to hear what my ex is doing.
    Anyway, I do not have legal representation, but my ex does, as she uses legal aid and can afford it. Her lawyer started the case a month ago and I replied and went ahead and set up the case conference. Here is my question, my ex is an agoraphobic, and I am 99.9999% positive she will not be able to make it to the case conference. Does she not have to be there? I want to get the office of the Children's Lawer involved as soon as possible, so I don't want this stalled because she cannot make it to the court house.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X