Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 10-24-2015, 03:22 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Also, you may want to look into therapy for yourself. Almost losing a child is upsetting and Im sure it affects your parenting. You want to hold him tighter, protect him, never let him out of your sight and that doesnt help either of you heal. Its equally as traumatic for you and you need your own coping strategies. Think about speaking to someone yourself. It will help you understand where energies should be focused, how to behave/interact with others and also how to move forward positively in the best interests of your child.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:30 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Also, you may want to look into therapy for yourself. Almost losing a child is upsetting and Im sure it affects your parenting. You want to hold him tighter, protect him, never let him out of your sight and that doesnt help either of you heal. Its equally as traumatic for you and you need your own coping strategies. Think about speaking to someone yourself. It will help you understand where energies should be focused, how to behave/interact with others and also how to move forward positively in the best interests of your child.
I wonder if some of dads emotions are affecting the child also. Child picks up that dad is worried so he gets more stressed?
Old 10-24-2015, 07:57 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

I see no reason whatsoever why you shouldn’t be able to pick your son up at lunch time (on either parent day, any day of the week) and take him out of the school for the 45 min lunch period. Does your ex consent? Certainly, there must be local kids who are walking home for lunch?

I do think that with the elementary school job action occurring at the moment in our province, the teachers and support staff aren’t working the doors and you shouldn’t be trying to access the school until they get their sh*tzka together.

For security reasons alone, at the moment with no one to guard the halls and doors, I would think the principals would be trying to limit extra people in the school. And of course your teacher says no problem, and then isn’t around to facilitate - the teacher is in strike mode and it's all about the pay cheque.

Both my ex and I picked the kidlet up regularly during school hours for extracurricular activities and then later returned her. No issues.

Tags
custody, principal, rights, school, teachers