Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2009, 07:02 AM
Narayana Narayana is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4
Narayana is on a distinguished road
Default Substitutional Service

I went to serve the Application form 8A for Simple Divorce to the lawyer of my spouse who
sent me a letter last year mentioning that separation has taken place and I should not contact
my spouse. Now since 1 year is over of separation period, I visited the lawyer's office but
he did not accept service saying that he is not the retained lawyer for my spouse. Since I have
no way of serving the documents to my spouse as I have no contact details or whereabouts about
her, I applied to the Court asking to dispense with service. The Juge sent me a letter that
he cannot allow to dispense with service with the material provided and I must resubmit my
My question is: Do I have to fill out my Affidavit Form 14A, 14B and 14D again? In Form 14B,
Laws and rules on which you are relying, what is the rule I have to fill out if I am asking
the court for allowing me to use substitutional service?
For 14D, asking for the Order I would like court to make, since I am asking for Substitutional
service, do I have to specify that I am asking for being allowed to place an advertisement of
Public Notice in the newspaper? What should I mention here?
Any help would be really appreciated.
Closed Thread

14a, 14b, advertisement, substitutional service

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comnsultation with Service Providers Nadia Parenting Issues 0 06-02-2011 07:04 AM
Lawyer Referral Telephone Service - Is it any good? representingself Divorce & Family Law 2 11-25-2010 12:04 PM
service gumby Divorce & Family Law 4 09-18-2010 07:51 PM
Serving of Application Form 8A through Special Service Narayana Divorce & Family Law 0 05-30-2009 12:55 PM
Dragged Out Response - What Can Be Done? #1StepMom Divorce & Family Law 8 11-26-2008 04:53 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.