Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:48 PM

Dad needs advice is on a distinguished road
Default Daughter 19 moved out, still paying CS

Hi everyone, my daughter who is 19 years old and attending university for her second year was living with her mother until two months ago when she moved out with a roomate and has no plan of going back. She is starting a new job to pay for school as well as her living expenses because all she has now is OSAP and her mother does not help her at all financially but she is still collecting child support payments from me, I have 4 kids with her and my question is shouldn't my daughter be receiving her 25% of this money? I just don't know how to go about this since I can't ask the mother because I know she won't just hand it over to her but right now I'm paying the mother to support a child that she is in no way supporting. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you!
Old 04-04-2018, 11:10 AM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

How do you know that daughter is never returning home?

Assuming you are correct and have evidence, you need to do a support variation application, since you should only be paying for 3 kids now. Note that this will be less than a 25% reduction.

You can voluntarily pay any amount to your oldest daughter if it suits you.

Hopefully mom agrees on consent. If she doesn't, then you will have to go to court.

Tags
child support, moving out, school, university