This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child jailed, mother still receives support pymnts

Over the past few years, my ex-wife has continued to receive support payments (through FRO) for three periods in which our son was no longer under her care and control...once when he was removed from his mother's home by Children's Aid (total of one year) and twice when he was in detention (young offender) for a total of 18 months.

She did not report any of these occasions to FRO, so they kept deducting the usual child support from my paycheques and she kept all the money...none of it went toward the care of our son.

How can this be fair?

it isn't fair. But you should have reported it yourself instead of relying on her to do it

Comment

It appears to be fraudulent in nature. Have you considered advising the Police?

P.S. Welcome to the Forum. Catchy Nickname!

Comment

I reported the first occurence to FRO. I faxed the court order (that placed my son in their care) to them. They called my ex. She denied that my son was under the care of Children's Aid when they called her. FRO took her word for it and that was that. No one else was called. No other proof was required.

And that's why I'm "Screwed Again"!

Comment

Bring forth application with the Court to vary the Support Deduction order which the FRO is enforcing.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X