This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS in a CL relationship in Alberta

My spouse has made it very clear to me that she is going to leave me in the near future and is going to take me to the cleaners. I am currently the only one contributing financially in the relationship. My spouse has been a stay at home mom for the majority of the past 5 years. I've offered to pay for education during this time but she is quite certain she does not want to go to school. I have no problem paying child support for our 2 kids(4,5) and some spousal support. We are currently renting our home and have a joint savings account. Some questions I have are: Is she entitled to half my company pension plan? How long would I have to pay spousal support? Both of our kids will be in school next year and I cannot see any reason why she couldn't join the work force at least on a part time basis(healthy 27 year old woman).
    She is presently in the mind set that if she gets a job now,she will get less child support and refuses to look for a job. Any advice in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X