This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approval for Content and Form

I received the draft order from my ex's lawyer to sign off on content and form. In the body of the Order (which is at this time once again temporary and has been for 2 years), he has written "On an Interim Basis and without Prejudice" under the Statement: This Court Orders That:
    My thoughts at this is the Temporary box is checked so it already clearly states that it is a temporary order. I am not so sure that I am ok with him re-stating this in the body of what will become our new temp order and probably will be for quite some time. Now just to be honest, the judge did write in her endorsement that she orders on an interim basis and without prejudice, but does that have to be stated in the "Order"? Does it take away from the authority of the order to anyone outside of the courts? Also I am self-represented so is there anything else that I should be leary of before signing off on content and form, and how do I sign off on form and content?
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X