X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorcing a Narcissist: New Book with a Recovery Guide

From the NY Times on August 24, 2015

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/0...rcissist/?_r=0

I am sharing this because I think a lot of us can relate to this, unfortunately. Hopefully this step by step guide can help some of us and our children.

Three years ago, I wouldn't have recognized this as what it is but now I know the symptoms and have to treat the problem, as I can.

The book is “Will I Ever Be Free of You? How to Navigate a High-Conflict Divorce from a Narcissist and Heal Your Family" by Dr. Karyl McBride

According to Amazon.ca:

"The book has 3 parts:
    - Recognizing the Problem
    - Breaking Free
    - Healing from the Debilitating Impact of Narcissistic Relationships

You begin by learning exactly what narcissism is, how to identify it, and how it affects relationships, then how to begin and carry on through a divorce and make the best decisions for you and your children.

Dr. McBride lays out a roadmap of trauma recovery for the whole family, offering a step-by-step program for recognizing and healing from the particular emotional damage that narcissism causes.

This guide offers new therapeutic strategies and practical guidance for protecting yourself and your children through this difficult time."

Just sharing to help, I have no connection to the author or anything like that.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X