Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCL investigation After Year review. HELP ME!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Lawyer going to fill out the OCL intake form.
    But she is not favor to me. I asked her to ask more access and add the reason whay I am asking? She is not accept that? Why she is doing that?
    I want to spend more time with the kids that's what kids like.

I am paying $1100 for kids and spousal because of that My monthy budget have issues.
    How to handle that?

Comment

Why do I need an Interpreter? My lawyer do the all talk. She don't even let me say anything. I even want to say about this:
      When I brough my wife from Sri Lanka I asked her to go to school and develop your skills we can have the kids later. But she wants the kids now we have three. I still want to look after all my kids let her go and do the study and improve he skills. Why do I have to pay for all support? Life long I have to pay spousal support for $250 with indexed?

What is the meaning of spousal support $250 per month with indexed and review every five years?

Please explain?

Comment

If your lawyer is not following your direction then you need to find another lawyer, or have her explain to you why she wants to do something else.
        The intake form for the OCL contains a spot, where you state what you want the OCL to do.
        I would state there that you believe it is in the best interests of the children that they spend equal amounts with both parents.
        Before anything goes to the OCL make sure you review it before your lawyer sends it in. If she doesn't let you see it, its time to get another lawyer.

Comment

Interpreter

You could benefit from an interpreter given that English is clearly not your first language. There is no shame in having an interpreter and this may even provide with that little bit of extra time before you have to respond to your lawyer. The lawyer "may do all the talk" but it is important that you are clued into what is going on. The interpreter may be able to fill any gaps.

Comment

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my lawyer to fill out the OCL intake form. All I need:
            1. Friday to Monday everyweekend but my lawyer may say it's not work and we have to follow the consent so we have to put alternative weekend.
            2. Every Tuesday to Wednesday but she is going to say follow the consent alternative tuesday to wednesday.
            3. if the weekend alternative then I will have the friday to saturday alternative.

I want to keep my joint custody.

What do you think?

Comment

How is it posible to ask for interpreter after we went through almost end of the case. I know what you mean but my wife have an interpreter and iisn't it going to be noisey both side.
              I like your idea is best becaused I signed two consent if there is an interpreter involved I properbly get more time and more clear idea about this. Now I know I made lots of mistakes.
              Nadia you are the best. I will ask my lawyer for next court.
              What else I shold do.?
              I have a degree of Computer Engineer at UofOand I am working as IT Manager, did Judge will believe that I need an interpreter?

Comment

Honestly, it's hard enough for people with English as a first language to understand Legalese.

You are intelligent, obviously, but we can all tell you are not a native speaker just by how and what you write (and the fact that your thread doesn't have more replies is also a hint that you don't convey yourself as well as you would probably like.)

Which would you prefer, a quiet courtroom, or a judge who understands your presentation?

Anybody can ask for 50-50, and hopefully get it. But you have to make the case that the children deserve both parents as a major part of their lives, and present an arrangement that is fair for everyone. You are asking for mostly weekend access, which isn't all that fair, which is why your lawyer is advising against it. Your ex should have the same opportunity to spend valuable weekend time with the children, just as you should have the same opportunity to send them to school and help with homework during the week. If you are concerned about the child not getting to swimming lessons on your ex's weekend, instead of demanding every Friday night and Saturday morning, how about offering to pick the child up just for the lesson and drop off again after?

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
                  H If you are concerned about the child not getting to swimming lessons on your ex's weekend, instead of demanding every Friday night and Saturday morning, how about offering to pick the child up just for the lesson and drop off again after?
                  Also, extend the same offer to her i.e. if she wishes to enroll the kids in a weekend activity, you will support this by taking them to that activity on your weekends, or letting her take them. Who cares if she never takes you up on this - but it makes you look good.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X