This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by representingself View Post
    now this is a person, who is actually doing something to call attention to the unjust family law system in this country and he needs our support!!!

please take a moment to look at his website and sign the petition, (and maybe even run by his side when he is in your area!!)

on june 1st, 2010, dave nash will attempt to break the guinness world record for the fastest crossing of canada on foot (male).

He is attempting to break the world record for the fastest crossing of canada on foot to help get your support as a canadian citizen, for an equal shared parenting private members bill, bill c-422, that was introduced before parliament on june 16th, 2009, by mp, maurice vellacott of saskatoon.

"i am running across canada in protest of the current system, and in protest of the canadian governments refusal to do the right thing, and reform the divorce act for the sake of our children".

he is currently in sk... And running at this very moment.... Check out his website, petition, fb page....

determination for change...

Comment

Originally posted by LostFather View Post
      Yeah, it can be done, I've heard of it being done....but do it. My ex switched 8-10 different daycare providers, all of which she did not consult, and many times would not tell me, so I would show up at the current provider to pick up my children, no children. I would have to make phone calls or ask the last daycare provider if they knew here my children were. My ex admitted to this practice at trial, the judge did not bat an eye.

Going away for a week at a time and stick the children with a babysitter or acquaintances, anyone other than me, oh and I would not know of my children's whereabouts. This she admitted to. Judge says nothing about it.

Then when finally on one specific year (because she went away for either business or personal or reasons) we proved that I had the children almost 45% of the time, then she reverted to babysitters. When crossed by my lawyer, her quote was "yeah, and I made sure that doesn't happen again"

This was in reference to me having the children almost 50% of the time, and that if I was to gain 50% access she would lose her CS payments; she makes 10-15K more a year more a year than I do. She would stick the children in hotels and let staff "check in on them from time to time".

The court ordered telephone access, she would not let me speak to the children 10 out of 25 phone calls, many weeks I would go a week at a time with no contact with my children (I know there are worse cases out there) but to me it was disturbing that someone would withhold access whether it be by phone or other.

Anyway, this all went ignored by the judge. Oh, and all of these issues started at onset of separation. No history before. Her layer stated 1 month into separation "the parties can not get alone so joint custody will not work". My lawyer told me this a a comon tactic used by mothers wanting joint custody. His words not mine.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of issues raised.

Man that is tough. What are your arrangements now?

Comment

Yeah, it can be done, I've heard of it being done....but do it. My ex switched 8-10 different daycare providers, all of which she did not consult, and many times would not tell me, so I would show up at the current provider to pick up my children, no children. I would have to make phone calls or ask the last daycare provider if they knew here my children were. My ex admitted to this practice at trial, the judge did not bat an eye.

Going away for a week at a time and stick the children with a babysitter or acquaintances, anyone other than me, oh and I would not know of my children's whereabouts. This she admitted to. Judge says nothing about it.

Then when finally on one specific year (because she went away for either business or personal or reasons) we proved that I had the children almost 45% of the time, then she reverted to babysitters. When crossed by my lawyer, her quote was "yeah, and I made sure that doesn't happen again"

This was in reference to me having the children almost 50% of the time, and that if I was to gain 50% access she would lose her CS payments; she makes 10-15K more a year more a year than I do. She would stick the children in hotels and let staff "check in on them from time to time".

The court ordered telephone access, she would not let me speak to the children 10 out of 25 phone calls, many weeks I would go a week at a time with no contact with my children (I know there are worse cases out there) but to me it was disturbing that someone would withhold access whether it be by phone or other.

Anyway, this all went ignored by the judge. Oh, and all of these issues started at onset of separation. No history before. Her layer stated 1 month into separation "the parties can not get alone so joint custody will not work". My lawyer told me this a a comon tactic used by mothers wanting joint custody. His words not mine.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of issues raised.

Man that is tough . What are your arrangements now ?

Comment

Guys.... Please....

This thread was created to call attention to Mr. Nash, and his Marathon...

If you have personal questions/comments that are unrelated, PLEASE start a different thread!

Thank You...

Comment

Originally posted by representingself View Post
            Guys.... Please....

This thread was created to call attention to Mr. Nash, and his Marathon...

If you have personal questions/comments that are unrelated, PLEASE start a different thread!

Thank You...
            Isn't that what it's all about, I've read Dave's comments, his issues and the cause he is fighting for, I believe it is all related. I've written MP's signed the petition, wrote of support on his Facebook page, as well, I even wrote Alec Baldwin, whom wrote the book "A Promise To My Self". Where Mr Baldwin if were to get on board (maybe not likely) just might be a strong advocate on our side for change. I'm sure he has bigger and better things to do, but you never know. I am trying.

Comment

I even wrote Alec Baldwin, whom wrote the book "A Promise To My Self". Where Mr Baldwin if were to get on board (maybe not likely) just might be a strong advocate on our side for change.
              You piqued my curiosity and I googled it. The book is actually called "A Promise to Ourselves"

Comment

Okay, great....did you read it, or you just wanted to correct me?

Comment

I just corrected you so ppl can find out about it quickly. Sounds pretty interesting to me, I think he's right on the money how separation/divorce gets so ugly that usually rational people become totally irrational, regardless of how it is evident it is detrimental to the children involved.

I looked up some reviews on the book and they say it degenerates at times into some very negative comments, which detracts from the main purpose of the book, to create awareness of the flawed system of divorce.

I would still read it though, definitely.

Comment

So back to the original question...How to ensure Dave's run, and the bill, don't get lost in the war to win the house on Sussex...I think it needs more media attention...not the run, perhaps, but certainly the issue...

Comment

Write to your MP. Write to all MP's.

Two of the biggest groups who are against shared parenting are:

National Association of Women and the Law

Not in the Best Interests of Women and Children - An Analysis of Bill 422: An Act to Amend the Divorce Act

and

The Canadian Bar Association

http://www.cba.org/CBA/submissions/pdf/10-43-eng.pdf

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X