• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage...

Enjoy.

I will!

Comment

It may be crazy but I still believe in marriage and with the right safeguards to prevent misuse ,it still could work.If you marry someone of similar ambition,pay rate ,sex drive and outlook it maybe could work .Just NEVER have kids,thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by murphyslaw View Post
        It may be crazy but I still believe in marriage and with the right safeguards to prevent misuse ,it still could work.If you marry someone of similar ambition,pay rate ,sex drive and outlook it maybe could work .Just NEVER have kids,thats all.
        I totally agree, murphyslaw...and no worry about having any more kids.

Comment

divorce

Thought this one was funny too!

divorce.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by murphyslaw View Post
            It may be crazy but I still believe in marriage and with the right safeguards to prevent misuse ,it still could work..

Comment

Those are great ^

Unless/until someone manages to cast a spell over me (or slips something in my drink ie: Vegas, "The Hangover") I plan to NEVER marry.

But best wishes to those who decide to 'roll the dice' and gamble on it, as Blink's contribution to this thread clearly illustrates.

Comment

Hmmm my idea of the right safeguards would be more along the lines of off shore accounts, but hey the hat and gloves could come in handy too!

Comment

I did it a second time and am SO happy that i did......i would never do it again and I agree...sorry to my wonderful children but I wouldn't have any of those either

Comment

I have a few good ones (pics) on my phone that I could add to this, but duh I don't know how to.

I'm surprised by how many ppl take the leap again, and get re-married esp after a contentious divorce. Well they say you've got a what, 50% chance of it working out, or has that number changed? 50% chance is not very compelling for me personally in favor of tying the knot.

Comment

For me hadenough, i found someone who had the same goals, same work ethic, someone who talked to me...not at me. We have our ups and downs and still manage to work it all out. We have been married for 13 years now and although we still have "ex" issues we deal with that together too!

Comment

Well,when the kids are all grown up and having more rugrats is never gonna happen, its a little safer.Forgot about the pension!!!!Hell no, unless they have the exact same pension built up by that time and the exact same assets it would be ridiculously careless to marry again-who wants to be broke when you hit retirement?Ok Im a full convert-never again!

Comment

TOTN: that's great that it seems to have worked out well for you (the "gamble") but I still think it's (the chances of) finding a needle in a haystack!

Comment

Originally posted by tiredofthisnow View Post
                            For me hadenough, i found someone who had the same goals, same work ethic, someone who talked to me...not at me. We have our ups and downs and still manage to work it all out. We have been married for 13 years now and although we still have "ex" issues we deal with that together too!
                            Congrats!Nice to hear some good news stories

Comment

Lol ML: "full convert" - yeah I couldn't take getting ripped off sideways to Sunday again (or is it '5 ways' to Sunday??) -

I never want to go through anything like the past 5+ years, again. I am battle weary and a series of life events (not just the ex) has made me highly distrustful of people's real motives/intentions.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X