This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inappropriate posts.

i have been reading here for a little while and am ot sure where i stand. i left my husband 4 months ago because he was very abusive and controlling. i had to leave quickly and moved as far away as i could for my saftey. 3 of the children choose to stay with there father and one child came with me. i setteled in with my new boyfriend and my daughter choose to return home. i was served court papers recently saying that my husband had gotten an emergency custody order for allo 4 children and that i could only have supervised visits. he was also asking for child support and spousal suport. he has made over 200000 for the past few years and i have always been the stay at home mom. do i have to pay him child support even though i dont work and wont he have to pay me spousal support even if he has the children? i would rather try to go back to school so i can get a good job. he is claiming his income has been reduced to 90000 dollars a year as he now has to look after the kids and cant work overtime is he allowed to do this or is this dileberate so he can avoid any payments to me. he has also asked for exclusiv possesion of home and unequal division of property because i am blocking the sale of second house because i think it is worth more. i have gotten a lawyer from legal aid but being so far away i can onlydeal with him by phone and he just seems to rush me. as far as working with him he still tries to abuse me even from this distance by phone calls and text. i think he has brainwashed the kids against me too. he has asked for the childrens lawyer to represent the children but i dont know if this is a good thing or not. i dont talk to my children as i feel the are being manipulated against me what do i do? any help i feel desperate
    we were married for 9 years but lived together for almost 20 years off and on kids are 12 13 14 16

thanks for help. he has put lies in court papers about drug use and atempting suicide with kids home he has asked for drug testing too kids say i hit them and told this to cas as well as telling cas i hit there father and was allways telling the children that the father was only good for his money. i cannot visit the children because they are 8 hours drive away and he uses kids to make me feel bad he is still abusing me after i left with text and calls will court look at this too? my legal aid lawyer does not tell me much and my boyfriend is supporting me but wont help with lawyer. my children all say they want to stay with dad and oldest wants nothing to do with me is all lost? will i get a little bit of money as i have put in a lot of years for them and feel i have bet left high and dry

Comment

sorry it doesnt add up four you me. my kids say to cas i use drugs and i hurt hem with objects and hit there dad. this is lies why else would children say this?

Comment

not from children from father he should pay me money for support is this not the law and he brainwash children so they help him so i cant see them or talk to them

Comment

whatt i would like is my children to live with meaway from his influence and enough money to raisee them well can the court help me do this or is all lost?

Comment

But it is all lies does he not have to prove it in court or will court just read what cas says?

Comment

i have proof he assualted me 15 yrs ago and was convicted in court but he has a pardon now and he took probation courses and quit drinking also i have a date book i have kept for a few years with some stuff in there that i wrote also my ex has kids because they stayed with him and i dont have very much communication with my children because they are too far away. will any of this matter?

Comment

Also can he use children against me in court if he brainwash them

Comment

of course i am a real person but from what i see heree i have made too many mistakes hopefully when the kids are older they will see there father for who he really is till then i will try and make court hard for him as possible and maybe he will give up and i will get my family back

Comment

so the childrens lawyer is bad? then why doess he ask for it

Comment

i will ask too maybe there is hope

Comment

but i have no monies to pay costs so how does that work

Comment

i will hope childrens lawyer will help and get ride of claims made by cas will it take a long time because we are so far apart

Comment

what kind of info do they want

Comment

the cas file was closed when child returned to father if thatt makes difference but husband obtained file through lawyer

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X